obama care?This can't be right!Can it.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both of those examples are false, I'm curious where they came from.

A millionaire pays the same as everyone else. That's sounds normal to me. What's different is that there are subsidies for people /families that are in poverty.

The only people who will be getting a not so good deal are young people who may not use the insurance but have to get it. That's the way all insurance works though, you have to spread the risk in a big pool.

All of you that say you don't have health insurance now......I'm curious, how are you paying for services now? How about if God forbid you had to be rushed to the emergency room tonight and have surgery?

Whats false? do tell

In the second "story" if someone's income is that low they will receive a subsidy or they can again like the first example opt out for 1% or $95.

Both of those examples are false, I'm curious where they came from.

A millionaire pays the same as everyone else. That's sounds normal to me. What's different is that there are subsidies for people /families that are in poverty.

The only people who will be getting a not so good deal are young people who may not use the insurance but have to get it. That's the way all insurance works though, you have to spread the risk in a big pool.

All of you that say you don't have health insurance now......I'm curious, how are you paying for services now? How about if God forbid you had to be rushed to the emergency room tonight and have surgery?
Me I do have insurance,But I am all in for the little guy,I know that some should have it,And maybe could afford it,But don't.And I understand that's why it's so high on the rest.I doubt if you can remember ross perot.But years ago he had a plan for all.And all the money the government blows on bullshit.Example,The money they give for forging aid to Pakistan and I don't know how many others,That aid goes to the rich government of that country,Not the poor.The middle class is declining the poor are just scratching by.The rich are the ones making the rules,And making themselves richer.Just like Obama care.With all they waste we all could have a government run system that wouldn't cost shit.Are you rich.

In the second "story" if someone's income is that low they will receive a subsidy or they can again like the first example opt out for 1% or $95.

So if someone cannot afford ObamaCare they can opt out for a fee? But doesn't that defeat the purpose? Affordable care for everyone. What do these people that cannot afford insurance do then?

I qualify for Medicare but cannot find a Doctor that takes Medicare. Fortunately I am a Vet so get VA benefits. However there are problems with that also. Medicines are at least twice as high because the VA requires you buy all meds thru them. I can get all my meds from various retail venues for $4 a month (Wal-Mart, etc) but the VA doesn't allow that. They will NOT write prescriptions. Have to order thru VA via mail order or pick up at the VA pharmacy. The same meds thru VA are $8 to $12 a month. Wonder who is pocketing the difference?

Also the care is suspect, at least here in Dallas. The Dallas VA hospital was recently rated the worst in the VA system. Big news on the TV and newspapers but no noticeable changes.

I used to work for an ambulance service that had the VA contract for southwest oklahoma. The was so much waste. There was a diabetic nursing home patient at Sulpher VA. We took him to OKC VA to get a SINGLE toe cut off because he was diabetic, and had poor wound healing. So....4 trips...4 toes @ 800 to 1000 dollers apiece.

The government proved that they cant even run a whore house, and now they want to run health care...That makes me very afraid.

So if someone cannot afford ObamaCare they can opt out for a fee? But doesn't that defeat the purpose? Affordable care for everyone. What do these people that cannot afford insurance do then?

I qualify for Medicare but cannot find a Doctor that takes Medicare. Fortunately I am a Vet so get VA benefits. However there are problems with that also. Medicines are at least twice as high because the VA requires you buy all meds thru them. I can get all my meds from various retail venues for $4 a month (Wal-Mart, etc) but the VA doesn't allow that. They will NOT write prescriptions. Have to order thru VA via mail order or pick up at the VA pharmacy. The same meds thru VA are $8 to $12 a month. Wonder who is pocketing the difference?

Also the care is suspect, at least here in Dallas. The Dallas VA hospital was recently rated the worst in the VA system. Big news on the TV and newspapers but no noticeable changes.

I feel for you. There are Doctors that won't take Medicare, in fact there are a lot of Doctors who won't even take insurance anymore, or only take a few different insurance companies.

Honestly the whole health care system is a mess, and cost's have been skyrocketing for years. The Insurance companies and Pharma companies are making TONS of money though..... that's for sure.

I own a business and health care insurance is a huge drag on the company. It's the biggest expense that we have next to payroll. It's more than the lease on our 11,000 sq ft building in the NY metro area, where rents are not cheap.

I don't think anyone can accurately predict if Obamacare will be successfull or not.......but the course we were on was not sustainable anyway. The program has it's heart in the right place, it's attempting to get insurance to people who do not have it because they can't afford it. In theory it should bring cost's down because it provides for free screenings and checkups to help prevent and treat things like diabetes and heart disease before they become life threatening and very expensive to treat. It will not turn things around overnight though.....it will take years to see improvements. And of course as everyone has stated there is a fair chance that the government will F it up.

The question that I have is this....instead of trying to reinvent the wheel (and look at hows its working) why not increase the medicare and medicaid cut off points to cover people that werent eligible for governement assistance? Instead of some one NOT being eligible for medicaid above 17000 dollers( a made up number)...why not increase it to 20000 or 25000 to cover more people?

The thing that I DONT like about OBAMA care is that we...the american people are FORCED to buy a product...or get penalized for it...and the person that SELLS that product (insurence companies) are looking at RECORD profit. Pharmaceutical companies will also make a healthy product too.

I don't think anyone can accurately predict if Obamacare will be successfull or not.......but the course we were on was not sustainable anyway.

My thoughts exactly. A lot of people seem to forget that medical costs and the insurance to cover it had been increasing at crazy rates year after year before Obamacare was even put to paper. I'm not saying I'm for it. It honestly it seems like trying to put a bandaid on a big gunshot wound to me.

But regardless of whether I dislike Obamacare or not, this government shutdown over it is a bad move by the Republicans IMO and if we default our limping economy is going to suffer from it.

I believe that this person has it right....

http://www.policymic.com/articles/66167/whose-fault-is-the-government-shutdown-it-s-probably-yours

"When the United States government shut down on October 1, I immediately started writing a big rant on how it was both parties' fault that party politics are so broken today. To me, it was disgusting that something so childish could even happen, and how both parties and their supporters would simply try to play the blame game with one another. There are articles and pieces about how it's the Republicans' fault because they were planning on taking the government hostage by refusing to pass a budget that didn't fund the Democrats' signature legislation, and then there are the ones about how the Democrats shut down government by refusing to negotiate over Obamacare or the debt limit. In all honesty, it was the actions of both parties that caused the shutdown, but there's another person to blame. That person is you.

Or at least, it's your fault if you elected the current Congress, and it's your fault if you support a party name over policy. The party system in America is indeed broken, but American voters are at the heart of the issue, because they are the ones that enable it. "

"Think about it, Democrats: How would you react if I told you that when George W. Bush was president, people were detained indefinitely without trial and tortured? I know for certain that the majority of you were livid, but how do you feel about how Obama signed the 2012 NDAA? It's a law that claims that the president has the authority to detain anyone indefinitely, just as Bush once did. Obama might have signed an order against torture by the United States, but he also has utilized rendition of prisoners to nations where they are tortured for information, and has blocked most action against the perpetrators of torture in Guantánamo Bay. He's extended the PATRIOT Act along by ridding it of some of its civil-liberties protections after calling it "plain wrong." Really, the man has plenty of similarities to Bush, and yet you're silent about him. For you Republicans out there, what about the individual mandate supported by leading figures back in 1993 and even before? Even Newt Gingrich was supportive of a mandate until 2008. You guys are making an issue out of what you were supporting 20 years ago.

IMHO

I am the business manager for a doctors office. I get daily emails from CMS (the center for medicare and medicaid services) You can't get to that site or get these emails unless you register on the site using your doctor's NPI (each doctor has one)

According to our accountant, the penalty will be pre-attached to your Income Taxs. If you have a certificate of insurance, you attach that to your form and deduct the penalty. If not, you pay the penalty.

Your insurance must meet a 10 point requirement checklist in order to qualify as a valid plan.
You must carry dental. You must carry maternity...there are others as well...things that most people don't carry. Young people MUST carry insurance to spread the cost across as many people as possible.

The figures are correct. You cannot afford the insurance and many people will have to pay the fine through the IRS even though they cannot afford that either. People are coming into our office telling us that their insurance is going to be half their take home pay. The IRS thing is a WILL not a can. They will collect the penalty just like it was a tax, which it is.

Obamacare will destroy the HealthCare industry but it's so fantastically harsh that no one will believe it until they see their personal bill. I've been trying to explain this to people but all I get is hostile remarks about it being "my opinion". It's not my opinion, it's what I read on the government website that has the information.

Now the crazy part. This is all in Obama's plan to destroy the United States and make the world safe for a worldwide muslim caliphate. And the Joint Chiefs of the military are doing nothing about Obama. you can believe or disbelieve that last part but your insurance bill will be very real and right in your face and you won't be able to disagree with it unless you are willing to employ the Second Amendment as it was meant to be employed.

If things don't change very quickly There is going to be a war in this country. You better decide if you are going to fight for your country and your freedom or act like a sheep and starve to death.
Fools have never learned the simple lesson of guarding freedom at all costs. As this systematically destroys the insurance industry, and you are forced to pay for a sea of deadbeats, or risk financial ruin or prison, remember you willingly surrendered your liberty for a lie. Ever wonder how generations of Russians wound up dying in gulags? You are living it.

I truly hope for the best but I expect the worst. lies are a bad foundation for building trust. I was just wondering I been hearing the emergency broadcast test at least once a week is it the Government is expecting the worst too?

Putin said off the record:

"Negotiating with Obama is like playing chess with a pigeon.

The pigeon knocks over all the pieces, shits on the board and then struts around like it won the game."

The government proved that they cant even run a whore house, and now they want to run health care...That makes me very afraid.

Oh contrare'.............check 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC. I think you'll find that whore house quite profitable.

Where is it written that each and every American citizen (and apparently a whole lot if illegal immigrants) should be entitled to health INSURANCE, even at the expense of DEMANDING hard working Americans, with jobs, MUST PAY for that INSURANCE?

WTF? Insurance is one thing. Health care is quite another. How about everybody pay their own way in life, or do without? That method worked for thousands of years before Obama/Pelosi were ever born.

How about the statement..."The government HAS to regulate health insurance...otherwise it will be put in the hands of the insurance companies!"

Maybe I'm just naive but isn't that the way the capitalist system works? :ummm:

Where is it written that each and every American citizen (and apparently a whole lot if illegal immigrants) should be entitled to health INSURANCE, even at the expense of DEMANDING hard working Americans, with jobs, MUST PAY for that INSURANCE?

Think you will find that at the bottom of page 1874 of the ACA!

Back