obama care?This can't be right!Can it.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poppop

Reaction score
From a friend, PAY CLOSE ATTENTION...posted on the Obamacare website today "I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. I have a preexisting condition
(Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually I chose tier 2 "Silver Plan" and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!! There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I "opt-out" and chose ...to continue along with no insurance. I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return. Then you make it to the "REPERCUSSIONS PORTION" for "non-payment" of yearly fine. First, your drivers license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with "Non-Payment" and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home. You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy "Automatically withdraw" your "penalties" weekly, bi-weekly or monthly! This by no means is "Free" or even "Affordable.

The fine for opting out is 1% of your income.....so something does not sound right there.

The fine for opting out is 1% of your income.....so something does not sound right there.

That is my understanding as well.

We had our insurance guys come in to address all the employees on September 30th since the exchanges were supposed to open on October 1st.

They said the percentage for opting out is going to rise yearly.

They didn't seem to have much faith in obamacare. We locked our group rates in through December 2014. In the meantime, they will be trying to come up with an alternative to our "cadillac" plan as they call it. They are expecting our plan costs to jump 50%. Not sure why but that is their belief. If that is reality, the company, nor the employees will beable to afford it anymore. As it is, I pay over $500/month for a family of 4. The company kicks in more than that since they cover about 52% of the premium cost.

That is my understanding as well.

We had our insurance guys come in to address all the employees on September 30th since the exchanges were supposed to open on October 1st.

They said the percentage for opting out is going to rise yearly.

They didn't seem to have much faith in obamacare. We locked our group rates in through December 2014. In the meantime, they will be trying to come up with an alternative to our "cadillac" plan as they call it. They are expecting our plan costs to jump 50%. Not sure why but that is their belief. If that is reality, the company, nor the employees will beable to afford it anymore. As it is, I pay over $500/month for a family of 4. The company kicks in more than that since they cover about 52% of the premium cost.

Doesn't sound like you have a "Cadillac" plan right now ( it has to cost more than $27000 a year)......but if the rate jumps 50% you may. The tax on the Cadillac plans won't go into effect until 2018 I believe.

I know CPA's that are scared of Obamacare, and these are professionals.

When I was married, the family plan for me was 225.00 every 2 weeks, so over 500 is probably in the ball park.

OK this is a long one, but...
64 year old on SS must pay $555 for Obama care and go without eating!

I am 64 years old and my only income is $1603 from SS, yet according to the Obamacare web site, I will have to pay over $550 for a Bronze insurance package! It took me 5 days and over 30 hours on line to get this information. I said.” This can not possibly be right!”, so I got on the “chat” feature to check. Of course, like everything else to do with this web site I as put in a wait que. A half hour later I found that the “chat” person could do nothing but cut and paste statements from the website- she could not do anything to help me. She sent me to a help line number.

Once again I was in a wait que and again it took a long time to talk to anyone. I explained I had gone thru the whole process- a task that took me 5 days and many hours on line. I told her the end result and asked it this was possible- could I possibly be required to pay a third of my gross income for insurance? Her answer was that it my be a glitch and I should try again in a couple of weeks.

I asked if it was possible for her to go in and look at what I put in to see if I had done something wrong. NO she did not have access to do anything like that. I asked if she could just put in my income and wages and see if she got anything like the numbers I got. After all, once I pay for little things like rent and utilities and the fixed expenses a normal person would have in this day and age, I would have no money to eat IF I were to buy the insurance. I was told she had no way to do anything like that. “You mean there is no way I can talk to someone to see if my app was right?”. No there is no way to do that! I should just try again in a week or two!

Having designed web sites, I will tell you that this is one of the worst I have ever seen. Fist most of the big delays and errors that drop you out are due to the system having to verifying your ID and employment. There is no need to do all that until you want to buy, yet they use up huge amount of resources to verify your ID. Could it be that this is really just a way to track anyone looking so they can later make sure they can ENFORCE compliance. They could run three of four times as many thru the web site if they had a “shop” site where you could put in simple information to see what coverage was out there and then put the verify stuff in only when you sign up. They use up 3 pages to find out what Ethnicity you are.

So here it is:
I’m a non smoker, male, born 09/13/49. My only income is $1603/mo from SS retirement. I did not file a 1040 because I’m on SS and don’t pay taxes (anymore). Also note that I will be going on Medicare in September of 2014. I have a number of options of course. The two cheapest are HMOs that are not in my area. That leave me with Blue Cross plan with a $6300 deductible and a $555 premium to cover 60% of my medical costs. Hell’a a deal! And no way to find out if this is right.

This ME- And I have talked to about everyone I can to see if its "right". NO ONE can check if it is.

BTW If I did buy the insurance, I would still have to pay for meds (until I was $6200 out of pocket) and Dr' appointments and blood tests. The last time I went to the Dr. I was billed for a $850 blood test- and I still have not paid that off in full

Hows that hope and change working for you? I truly hope all who voted for Obama are happy. Your rights are in the shiter good job. I checked my insurance looks to be 1200 a month for a single male with a deductible around 5000 . If I want middle of the road insurance its going to be 1800 a month who the fuck can afford that.:damn angry:

maybe the Republicans do have our backs:confused2:

The CHANGE is here - BEND OVER!

The majority of Obama supporters ARE HAPPY. They have no jobs. No paychecks, or assets, to attach. Everyone else, those that DO HAVE, are going to be footing their bills from now on. So, I'd say Obamerites are very happy right about now.

So chill out everyone - as you all know full well, IT IS A GOD GIVEN RIGHT, FOR EACH AND EVERY PERSON ON THIS EARTH TO HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE WHETHER OR NOT THEY CAN AFFORD IT. OH, AND I ALMOST FORGOT - IT'S FOR THE BENEFIT OF THE CHILDREN [/sarcasm]

I am the business manager for a doctors office. I get daily emails from CMS (the center for medicare and medicaid services) You can't get to that site or get these emails unless you register on the site using your doctor's NPI (each doctor has one)

According to our accountant, the penalty will be pre-attached to your Income Taxs. If you have a certificate of insurance, you attach that to your form and deduct the penalty. If not, you pay the penalty.

Your insurance must meet a 10 point requirement checklist in order to qualify as a valid plan.
You must carry dental. You must carry maternity...there are others as well...things that most people don't carry. Young people MUST carry insurance to spread the cost across as many people as possible.

The figures are correct. You cannot afford the insurance and many people will have to pay the fine through the IRS even though they cannot afford that either. People are coming into our office telling us that their insurance is going to be half their take home pay. The IRS thing is a WILL not a can. They will collect the penalty just like it was a tax, which it is.

Obamacare will destroy the HealthCare industry but it's so fantastically harsh that no one will believe it until they see their personal bill. I've been trying to explain this to people but all I get is hostile remarks about it being "my opinion". It's not my opinion, it's what I read on the government website that has the information.

Now the crazy part. This is all in Obama's plan to destroy the United States and make the world safe for a worldwide muslim caliphate. And the Joint Chiefs of the military are doing nothing about Obama. you can believe or disbelieve that last part but your insurance bill will be very real and right in your face and you won't be able to disagree with it unless you are willing to employ the Second Amendment as it was meant to be employed.

If things don't change very quickly There is going to be a war in this country. You better decide if you are going to fight for your country and your freedom or act like a sheep and starve to death.

maybe the Republicans do have our backs:confused2:

They do if they will refuse to allow the increase in the debt ceiling and not budge an inch on anything and everything obama wants. And let the government stay closed. if it's closed it can't harm us which is all it is doing at this point.

Well, I too have co workers "looking into" things. My job with a City pays my benefits 100% with reasonable co pays on services and meds.
I can add an unlimited amount of kids for $230 month and another $100 or so to add a wife.
So I am not in a dilemma as many are.
One co worker has his wife on a private Blue Cross plan for $150 month with reasonable co pays and $2,500 deductible plus a few no deductible items like mammograms, annual check up. His Obamacare plan with cover nothing until he pays $6,700 out of pocket and his co pays are astronomical and meds are not covered. He says he qualifies for a subsidy if the O care plan reaches 9.5% of his gross income.
I'm all for affordable care but clearly this is not such a program. The penalties you spelled out sound like they are designed to destroy the finances of the working class, or those with houses, property, a car, a driver's license? Why would the Rebublcan party not have spelled the repercussions or penalties during the Affordable Care Act battle?
I have never ever considered the government an enemy and have laughed at all conspiracy theory nut jobs my whole life.
I'm not laughing now gentleman. Now I feel like I don't have enough ammo. Is it too late become Mexican or Canadian?

Why would the Rebublcan party not have spelled the repercussions or penalties during the Affordable Care Act battle?

As I recall, the Republican party tried, and did, defeat Obamacare. Then, after most everyone went home for the day, the Dems snuck in, after hours, and passed it anyway using some sort of never before heard of sneaky BS. :ummm:

Another opinion...

Who Shut Down the Government?

Thomas Sowell | Oct 04, 2013

Recommend this article
White_Arrow_Recommend_fb.png

Even when it comes to something as basic, and apparently as simple and straightforward, as the question of who shut down the federal government, there are diametrically opposite answers, depending on whether you talk to Democrats or to Republicans.

There is really nothing complicated about the facts. The Republican-controlled House of Representatives voted all the money required to keep all government activities going -- except for ObamaCare.

This is not a matter of opinion. You can check the Congressional Record.

As for the House of Representatives' right to grant or withhold money, that is not a matter of opinion either. You can check the Constitution of the United States. All spending bills must originate in the House of Representatives, which means that Congressmen there have a right to decide whether or not they want to spend money on a particular government activity.

Whether ObamaCare is good, bad or indifferent is a matter of opinion. But it is a matter of fact that members of the House of Representatives have a right to make spending decisions based on their opinion.

ObamaCare is indeed "the law of the land," as its supporters keep saying, and the Supreme Court has upheld its Constitutionality.

But the whole point of having a division of powers within the federal government is that each branch can decide independently what it wants to do or not do, regardless of what the other branches do, when exercising the powers specifically granted to that branch by the Constitution.

The hundreds of thousands of government workers who have been laid off are not idle because the House of Representatives did not vote enough money to pay their salaries or the other expenses of their agencies -- unless they are in an agency that would administer ObamaCare.

Since we cannot read minds, we cannot say who -- if anybody -- "wants to shut down the government." But we do know who had the option to keep the government running and chose not to. The money voted by the House of Representatives covered everything that the government does, except for ObamaCare.

The Senate chose not to vote to authorize that money to be spent, because it did not include money for ObamaCare. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid says that he wants a "clean" bill from the House of Representatives, and some in the media keep repeating the word "clean" like a mantra. But what is unclean about not giving Harry Reid everything he wants?

If Senator Reid and President Obama refuse to accept the money required to run the government, because it leaves out the money they want to run ObamaCare, that is their right. But that is also their responsibility.

You cannot blame other people for not giving you everything you want. And it is a fraud to blame them when you refuse to use the money they did vote, even when it is ample to pay for everything else in the government.

When Barack Obama keeps claiming that it is some new outrage for those who control the money to try to change government policy by granting or withholding money, that is simply a bald-faced lie. You can check the history of other examples of "legislation by appropriation" as it used to be called.

Whether legislation by appropriation is a good idea or a bad idea is a matter of opinion. But whether it is both legal and not unprecedented is a matter of fact.

Perhaps the biggest of the big lies is that the government will not be able to pay what it owes on the national debt, creating a danger of default. Tax money keeps coming into the Treasury during the shutdown, and it vastly exceeds the interest that has to be paid on the national debt.

Even if the debt ceiling is not lifted, that only means that government is not allowed to run up new debt. But that does not mean that it is unable to pay the interest on existing debt.

None of this is rocket science. But unless the Republicans get their side of the story out -- and articulation has never been their strong suit -- the lies will win. More important, the whole country will lose.

Hey fellas, welcome to the expense that has been medical insurance for the last 10+ years. The extra fun part is it's barely keeping pace with the medical costs it's trying to insure against, and as a result increases hugely year after year with no end in sight. You can gripe about the requirement to have it, but the expense of it isn't anything new, and has been out of control for years.

Have an average annual premium cost graph:
DILn1yR.png

Over half the bankruptcy claims in this country are due to unexpected medical costs. Those bankruptcy claims mean higher everything else for the rest of us, and of course the unpaid medical bills mean the cost of treatment itself rises to make up for the loss. Underinsured and uninsured end up freeloading on the rest of us by the simple nature of the market. This is nothing new.

OK this is a long one, but...
64 year old on SS must pay $555 for Obama care and go without eating!

I am 64 years old and my only income is $1603 from SS, yet according to the Obamacare web site, I will have to pay over $550 for a Bronze insurance package!

That sounds about par per-month considering your age. My employer plans have been that or north of that for years.

Fist most of the big delays and errors that drop you out are due to the system having to verifying your ID and employment. There is no need to do all that until you want to buy, yet they use up huge amount of resources to verify your ID. Could it be that this is really just a way to track anyone looking so they can later make sure they can ENFORCE compliance.

They'll be enforcing it via your tax returns. The ID is to verify age/location/etc to ensure the quotes are more accurate and that eligibility is valid.

At the 20k a year your household income stands at, you should be eligible for subsidies to make that pill easier to swallow. A rough calculator is available here: http://kff.org/interactive/subsidy-calculator/

If that's still too expensive, pay the 1% of income/$200 fine for the year, and hope you don't end up bankrupt thanks to an unexpected medical situation in the meanwhile.

m-cman explains it well.

The problem with the Republican Party not getting the message out is that our population now contains enough people who don't want to hear the truth that their message is falling on deaf ears...ears on welfare who will be shocked when they too have to chip in for health care. Make no mistake. The poor will have to pay in another way. Medicaid will cover everything, but reimbursments will be so low that no doctor will take it.

I know a chiropractor....medicaid pays him 90 cents per patient visit regardless of services rendered. Do you think he still takes it?

What I am hearing here is whats already been said it still resolves nothing... period. Americans are being forced and yes that is the right word into doing programs that they cannot afford. Oh and just for shits and giggles If that calculator is right I put my real amount I make in. Guess what I would pay the same amount as someone who makes a million dollars REALLY! I assure you I don't make anywhere near that this is fare?
And the fellow on SS I feel you this is completely crazy you have a choice to eat, get fined, or get health care.
ZackDaniels: I understand what you are saying but many of us do not have health insurance not because we don't want it.. its because we cant afford it. Would you have it if it was not offered through work?
Obamacare was a guise from day one it was promoted as health care reform.. it was not.. never has been look who stands to gain from it? ..anyone know that answer?
It is open-ended legislation that has grown by leaps and bounds since it was passed ..don't believe me do the research.
I have never seen a more destructive "law" in the history of this country.

If this is now the law of the land it's gonna hurt far more than it will ever help.All but a few of the factory's are gone,Most are getting by being self employed under the table,Which aint much.My son going thru court with his x and is trying to raise the lil ones which are expensive with our help,He looked into it and said may as well move to another country!My own family giving up.There jacking up the wife's policy,Not sure how much.They keep saying go to the seminar.Hand her a shitload of papers.And since I smoke it doubles.Hell of a choice loose your home,Watch you your wife and kids starve.This cant be right!Some here will be ok most wont.This is damn near taking the right to live,For the poorer ones it's guaranteed.

Both of those examples are false, I'm curious where they came from.

A millionaire pays the same as everyone else. That's sounds normal to me. What's different is that there are subsidies for people /families that are in poverty.

The only people who will be getting a not so good deal are young people who may not use the insurance but have to get it. That's the way all insurance works though, you have to spread the risk in a big pool.

All of you that say you don't have health insurance now......I'm curious, how are you paying for services now? How about if God forbid you had to be rushed to the emergency room tonight and have surgery?

Latest posts

Back