OEM Engine gaurd install instructions

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZackDaniels

Reaction score
I got a set used on ebay and it didn't come with any fasteners, washers, etc. Curious if any of you guys have the install instructions you might be able to scan or know where I can find em. Just looking for a parts list and what fasters are to be re-used (if any) and what I should run out to the local nut & bolt shop to fetch.

Thanks in advance.

I got a set used on ebay and it didn't come with any fasteners, washers, etc. Curious if any of you guys have the install instructions you might be able to scan or know where I can find em. Just looking for a parts list and what fasters are to be re-used (if any) and what I should run out to the local nut & bolt shop to fetch.

Thanks in advance.
You can reuse all the original fasteners except for the top bolt on the right side needs to be longer with a spacer behind it.

Do you know how long the bolt and spacer need to be? As precise as possible?

Any additional washers or locknuts or anything? Seems there would be more than normal stress with my feet on it or if it should actually need to do it's job and guard the engine.

Nothing super critical about it. 8mm bolt. Spacer or stack of washers long enough to stick out of the hole so the guard flange doesn't sit onto the round tubing of the frame. You normally also get another bolt for the upper on the left side. It has a larger built in flange so you can simply get another bolt or add a washer.

Sean

I guess I don't need the instructions then (though they still would be nice look at just because).

Thanks fellas.

Heh, that's actually who I use for this sort of stuff. One of their big shipping facilities is in Chicago so I'll often get orders placed, shipped, and arrived same-day if I get me order in early enough.

Great company to work with. Thanks for bringing them up for others... not sure why I didn't think of linking them.

Nothing super critical about it. 8mm bolt. Spacer or stack of washers long enough to stick out of the hole so the guard flange doesn't sit onto the round tubing of the frame. You normally also get another bolt for the upper on the left side. It has a larger built in flange so you can simply get another bolt or add a washer.

Sean

Would you happen to have the exact measurement of the longer bolt for my order? I have the spacer and the OEM bolt so I can take a really close guess. I'd love to know the exact though just because I'm picky like that.

Bump on this if anybody can get me the length of the bolt and spacer. If not I'll take my best guess.

They're 8mm with 1.25 thread pitch right? Just a matter of getting the correct length of bolt so I can order up the correct spacer and bolt on the first try.

Back