Oil in vboost manifold bolt holes.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kratos

Reaction score
Is it normal for oil to come out of the vboost manifold bolt holes? I had the max on the center stand and replaced the rubber boots on the vboost. When I took the vboost manifolds off, oil oozed out of the outer bolt holes on the left front cylynder and the right rear cylinder. I saw what looked like thread sealer come out as well, so I figured it might be a normal occurance, but just want to make sure something isn't wrong.:confused2:

Yea, evidently I don't know when to stop tightening the screws. When I got the bike I made sure everything was tight, but I guess I went too far on the vboost boots. I took a look at them the other day and the two on the right side looked like they had been cut because the clamp was too tight. The two on the left side were fine though. So, I put new ones all the way around and an tried not to over tighten them. Too bad they don't have the spacers in the clamps like the clamps for the carbs do.

These are known to go bad over time and cause issues but not that soon! You had me wondering... lol

Yea, I had a seemingly lean condition around 3K-4K and had been chasing it for some time. Now that I have replaced the boots, issue is gone :punk:

Are those the only two bolt holes of the 8 that should ooze oil? I guess that might be why there are only 2 shorter bolts for the vboost manifolds, and all the others are the same length?

Yes, the only 2 that go into an area that has oil in it. They are shorter so they don't hit into the nuts holding the cylinder head on (though you can use a little longer). They will drain oil out (say a small medicine bottle worth) until that recess where the bolt is has drained.

Sean

Back