Ontario VMOA Chapter 3rd Annual Spring Ice Breaker

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Buster, by holding aloft his magic flywheel puller and proclaiming, "By the power of Grayskull...I have the power!". And thus, Buster was given the power over the lowly flywheel! And he rode his mighty steed, his Vmax of course, to Kincardine and had a merry time!:cheers: :banana: :cheers:

"Buster, by holding aloft his magic flywheel puller and proclaiming, "By the power of Grayskull...I have the power!". And thus, Buster was given the power over the lowly flywheel! And he rode his mighty steed, his Vmax of course, to Kincardine and had a merry time!:cheers: :banana: :cheers:

LOL...:hmmm: ... well I have tried everything else...

Jim, this sounds like a good weekend. However things are not looking good for me being there. There is no way I can get this flywheel off!:bang head:

Get ahold of Brad and have him come over and help. He has pulled his off of his 85 before and I believe he may even have the proper puller.

Or take the engine to Willy at W.A.S.P. Performance engines in Ajax. He used to be a team Yamaha mechanic and worked on the test Vmax for Yamaha. Rest assured he can get that stubborn bugger off.

Get ahold of Brad and have him come over and help. He has pulled his off of his 85 before and I believe he may even have the proper puller.

I have the proper puller, the problem is with the new motor there is a broken bolt in one of the holes I need to use.

Or take the engine to Willy at W.A.S.P. Performance engines in Ajax. He used to be a team Yamaha mechanic and worked on the test Vmax for Yamaha. Rest assured he can get that stubborn bugger off.

There's an idea. I have to piece the bike back together first. I also need you to tell me how to set up Sean's carb kit.

There's an idea. I have to piece the bike back together first. I also need you to tell me how to set up Sean's carb kit.

If you would like let's set up a Sunday (have to work the next 4 Saturdays to finance my trips this summer:biglaugh: )where I can come down and install it for you. Its not that hard, but I need an excuse to come down anyway and this seems to be a good one.

If you would like let's set up a Sunday (have to work the next 4 Saturdays to finance my trips this summer:biglaugh: )where I can come down and install it for you. Its not that hard, but I need an excuse to come down anyway and this seems to be a good one.

That sounds good. Any Sunday is good for me, let me know what works for you.

All,

Here we are 2 weeks away from the Spring Ice Breaker and I wanted to give all of you an update on where I am with this event. Currently we have 4 sponsors for our event( VMOA, Cycle One Off, Python Motor sports, and Tennyson's Yamaha) that are providing us with prizes for our give away drawing on Saturday night. I am personally going to sponsor "trophies" for the following categories:

1) Dirtiest Max (talking cleanliness wise)
2) Most Modified (just so you don't think all that $$$ you spent on mods wasn't noticed :eek:)
3) Longest distance ridden to event (In actual km or miles for those from the US)
4) "Hard Luck" (this may or may not be event specific, but may be for the last year)
5) Best guest bike, non-Vmax (just so the friends of the VMOA don't feel left out)
6) Best of Event

These awards will be voted on by all attendees by secret ballot all day Saturday....heck even I won't know as my wife will be doing the vote tallying.

Like last year there is no "long" ride planned for the weekend as a lot of folks want to do some sight seeing and time hanging out with each other. Having said this I have set up a "tour/contest" with the Bruce county board of Tourisim. They will be explaining the contes Saturday morning at breakfast. Breakfast this year will be at the Bruce Bar and Grill, just like the first year, in downtown Kincardine. As I will need to contact them with numbers of attendees please RSVP as soon as you can so I can notify them to be ready. I am planning on having breakfast at 9am Saturday and the BBQ at 5pm Saturday night. The BBQ is sponsored by the VMOA again this year so those who attend we need to send out thanks to the VMOA for providing this for our membership.

Friday night at 6pm we will have our Meet and Greet at the Sutton Park Inn. If you haven't made your hotel reservations please contact them at 519-396-3444 ask for Mike and tell him you are with the VMax group and give the dates. As always if you have any questions please feel free to contact me at any time. I look forward to seeing everyone there and until then ride safe and keep the rubber side down.

So I go to work today and thinking it's like any other Monday. We are in the middle of upgrading our entire network in preperation for a new slot system. The new slot system is a total remake of all the servers and how we connect to the slot machines on the floor. Our responsibility for the network communications is leaving the server rooms and going out onto the floor. We had a timeline set up that we would be done by May 20th.
Today, while at a working lunch my boss informed us that the whole project has been pushed back by 2 weeks!:surprise: Yup, 2 weeks, leaving the install dates to coincide with my much anticipated trip to Kincardine for this VMOA meet. So while you guys are oogling each others Vmax's I will be installing computers, troubleshooting network problems and learning a new slot management system! ARRRRGGGHHH!:bang head::bang head::bang head: The only hope for me to go now is if there is another delay.....:damn angry:

I am so going to block out time for the drag race in Ohio now!

Welcome to the club!
I'm an IT guy also, and we supose to change our racks to APC racks with integrated cooling and UPS on first weekend of May and now is scedule on June1! I would love to meet Vmaxers from this forum. I hope next time I will be more lucky

Vitek

Welcome to the club!
I'm an IT guy also, and we supose to change our racks to APC racks with integrated cooling and UPS on first weekend of May and now is scedule on June1! I would love to meet Vmaxers from this forum. I hope next time I will be more lucky

Vitek
Damn, IT industry got 2 Vmax's this time Jim. I'm so pissed that I'm not gonna be able to make it. I plan on being there next year for sure!
That's a nice upgrade Vitek, we are still running the room AC. This system added 6 extra servers, and 2 network switches to this one server room so they added 2 ac units to handle the extra heat.
Jim, I am still planning a trip over your and Maxcruiser's way this summer. So at least I will get to meet two of you from here.

Brian,
Good stuff sir!! Wish you and Vitek would have been able to make it this year. Going to be quite a few Max's and others here. One downside is the weather is still funky and I am not sure how it will be next weekend. Been working every weekend myself and doing the running around for the ride too during the week.

Vitek,

We do have a lot of Vmax rides scheduled this summer if you are interested. The next one after the Ice Breaker is late July (Thunder in the Valley in Pa and Sport bike Rally in Parry Sound are in between) in Peterborough. Going up to ride the 507:punk: If you are interested PM me.

All,

In case you haven't noticed yet I wanted to give a heads up about the weather for this weekend. As everyone is quite aware spring time weather can be unpredictable, and as of right now the weather services (yep checked all of them looking for hope) are predicting rain Friday and Saturday. The hotel we are using does have an onsite bar/lounge and a free pool hall for our use just for this reason. If your plans are going to change due to the weather and you are cancelling please let me know ASAP. I am planning on buying the food for the BBQ Thursday evening and I don't want to over buy if I can avoid it. Also, you will have to cancel your hotel reservations as of tomorrow to avoid charges. It is my hope that most of you will still attend as I think we can still have a great time and maybe get some riding in on Sunday as the weather for that day looks awesome.

I know I was watching the weather every day leading up to the Friday. That's why I didn't make it. I didn't have a room booked - I was just going to come up for the day.... I didn't have anyone pushing me to go either (someone who wanted to go and ride up with ) which didn't help. All I can say is I'm sorry I missed it and the weather wasn't as bad as they were saying it was going to be, at least in this area ! Maybe I'll catch the next one. :confused2:

Rob,

Not a problem and no need to apologize. The weather forecast looked grim for the entire weekend. Turns out was only rough on Friday. Numbers were down this year due to the forecast for sure, hotel reported to me that 2/3 of the reservations were cancelled within 2 days of the ride. We did have 15 Vmax's and 26 people there so it was great. Even had a VMOA member from Ohio, Tom Hudson, ride up. Saturday and Sunday were awesome!! We got in a couple of great rides, BBQ went well, and our vendors (Python Motorsports, Cycle One Off, VMOA, and Tennyson's Yamaha) REALLY stepped up as we had ~$750 in giveaway prizes. Everyone got something and the VMOA members each got another prize on top of the vendor prizes. Next year will be even bigger and better. Already Exactrep has committed to providing prizes and I am sure that we will retain the current vendors and get even more on board. The best part about all of this, and what makes the work worthwhile, was that everyone had a good time and have already started planning on attending next year.

We do have another event coming up July 26th when we ride the 507 (highly recommended aggressive ride:punk: ) and there are other rides planned that I will be posting. If you happen to be going to the Sportbike Rally in Parry Sound I will be around somewhere near the Yamaha tent or there abouts. A group of us stay at the Jolly Roger so stop on by.

Hey Jim, glad to hear that it turned out well all considering - wish I didn't have a previous commitment or I would have been there - Will be seeing you in Parry Sound tho!

Mike

Looking forward to meeting up with you!! My wife has determined that she does not want me to get the new Max and gave me a carte blanche to spend what I need to on mine to make it what I want........ WOOOOOOHOOOOOO. She just ordered me a sport tail and side panels for my birthday..... USD front end to come soon!!!

Latest posts

Back