Painted the bike today

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angel of Death

Reaction score
The bike is a total rat. It spend every day of it's 15 year life before I bought it outside in the bleaching sun and oxidizing rain. So I figured I'd keep the theme rolling and hit it with some self etching primer and a couple coats of super flat OD green. I also finally installed the cheap chinese low profile blinkers I got on ebay last year too. I'll attatch a before pic too, so you can see how horrifically the paint faded over time.

Before: (with horrible flaming skull fender thingy)

CIMG2318.jpg

CIMG2319.jpg

After:

CIMG4244.jpg

CIMG4245.jpg

CIMG4246.jpg

CIMG4247.jpg

________
MARIJUANA

Last edited:
I like it! But the nice chrome scoops throw it off.......you should trade them for mine ;-)

I like it. Paint the scoops too.

This is what I done last week.

P1010016_00.JPG

P10100011.JPG

P10100021.JPG

Last edited:
I dig the nose art! That's really cool.

I'm gonna keep an eye out for an invasion star stencil for the tank, but I think I'm done after that. Well, I might take the exhaust off and wrap it because I hate the rusted out ugly supertraps to begin with.

B2315-AD.JPG

________
Motorcycle tires

Last edited:
I would trade someone your chrome scoops for some black ones, or maybe a set thats scratched up and paint them flat black. Id also sand the exhaust and paint it with bbq grill flat black. Wrap them from the front till where the cans connect. Get rid of as much shine as possible and ithink itll look good

wow!

#1 I digg the green on both bikes..
#2 Either (a) lose the chromed scoops or (b) get a chrome exhaust to match. I'd personally sell them - and buy some stock ones and paint em a flat black. THAT would look sweet.
________
R1200C

Last edited:
comment on the scoops already - you gonna do em flat black??

Yup, my shop foreman even suggested it today.

I just gotta get them off, clean them up and offer them up here. Anyone want to trade me their factory scoops and some sweet paypal cash for them? I'll consider any offers. Erik
________
Prilosec Lawsuits

Last edited:
Is that a cupholder???

WAS a cupholder! I even used it till I lauched a cup of coffee into my crotch on the way to school one morning (DD was 1/3 mile from school). That was the first to go when the flaming skull should have been.
________
LovelyWendie

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back