Painted the "DUNLOP" on my tires...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
Painted the "DUNLOP" on my tires...

Painted the "Dunlop" on my tires. I am going to paint the tire sizing when I get somemore paint.

(a very difficult product to find I might add)

IMG_0195.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg
________
Toyota TF103 specifications

Last edited:
Looks good, id like to see how it holds up. What product did you use? I have a set of tires on my scout that id like to do that to. they sent me white letters instead of black letters and offered to refund price of 1 tire and throw in warranty for the mixup so i kept them. Been considering painting them but figured it would wear off pretty quick and look worse than they did before. Thanks

haha i blacked mine out on my old tires.

It does look good tho , my Bridgestone rear is black and my front has white lettering and is due to be replaced so am looking at doing this .
What paint did you use and did you use brush or mask and spray ?

Re: Painted the "DUNLOP" on my tires...

I forget the brand name. I will post it tomorrow. Apparently duplicolor offers hot-tires paint (lettering paint) and it works really well. Mine was the same thing, but made by trimbrite? Something like that anyhow. I will post more tomorrow!

The way it works is this :

1.) Pen applicator w/ stiff felt tip.

2.) Shake it good.

3.) depress the tip three times or so - this get the paint moving.

4.) Paint away! The stiff felt tip makes it easy to do the detail required.

TIP ***

DO NOT depress the tip on the tire. I did - and I dripped paint - the ONLY time it ever dripped (because depressing it releases a lot of paint)

Depress it on on the cardboard packaging it came in.

I'll post further pics when I finish them!
________
easy vape vaporizer

Last edited:
Re: Painted the "DUNLOP" on my tires...

Well, it's not that I ran out.

Let me explain...

When I did the tire, it was still on the bike. The bike was leaning on the kick stand - and the right side of the rear tire had a helpful angle. I did this angle first. It was easy. The marker was full, and the felt tip unscathed.

When I tried to do the left side, it was simply more difficult. There wasn't as much paint in the marker left, and the left side of the tire had a very unforgiving angle.

I suggest painting the tires removed from the vehicle. You can hold the marker vertically, and likely make your marker go a lot further.

A LOT further
________
weed vaporizer

Last edited:
Im thinking of doing this starting with my new tyre before i put it on , have been looking at products to use and have come across Toyo tyre paint marker looks to be the go . :punk:

Did my rear tyre the other day , came out looking good .
Only prob i came across was that the tyre name not Bridgestone is raised and indented so i didnt even attempt it .

Attachments

• Max 037.jpg
    Max 037.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Max 040.jpg
    Max 040.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 28
Has anyone attempted to paint this , as it could be a bitch .
Also the guy i got these paint pens said that he did his tyres over 1 year ago and they still look good .
Im also thinking bout using a black pen to do the "Yamaha" on my scoops .:punk:

Attachments

• Max 041.jpg
    Max 041.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 20
Back