PCW Chain Drive 1570

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:punk: Very nice. I'm sure that is a lot of money invested there. Well done.

Nice if you are running flatsides and want an extra 5 hp on the dyno remove the scoops and faux tank cover!

Probably better with a set of 41s? Thats a lot of displacement there... Cool numbers... Congrats

Yes i agree 41s for sure im running 39s on my 1500, the motor is easy a 200 hp mtr with the right carbs and exhaust

I probably already know the answer but......

Going to a 1500+cc motor mandates switching to chain drive?

At about what HP do you think the shaft drive has to go?

Immediately, the bike is so much more fun without the hassle of the shaft "lift".

I like "playing" with the lift in traffic and absolutely love the no-maintenance of the shaft drive......it stays until the HP monkey says it has to go.................

Immediately, the bike is so much more fun without the hassle of the shaft "lift".

Too bad Yamaha didn't offer it as an option in the Gen 1's. Then there would be parts around to convert cheaper. It is just a dream at this point. But, so were radials,
punk0000.gif
at one point. It'd be nice to put the power to the black top. Even with a stocker. I could be running in the high 130's for hp or better? .Great post Hotrod. I'll always wonder what if. Modern chains aren't anything like the nasty grease flingers in the 60's.
Steve-o

Modern chains aren't anything like the nasty grease flingers in the 60's.
Steve-o

I agree for sure...

Most people don't realize that O-ring chains don't even need to be lubed, just cleaned and the o-rings "treated" to keep them in good shape...

I gained 7hp by switching from the Hmf 4 into 2 system to a Marks custom 1 5/8" 4 into 2 into 1 custom system on my 1500 mtr thats just exhaust then i re dynoed it removed the air filters installed veocity stacks and gained another 6 hp.

Back