Picture of Clutch/Brake Lines

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PMaxx

Reaction score
Can someone please post a couple pictures of the proper factory way to route the clutch master and brake master lines? Like a view from the handle bars and a view from the headlight? My bike came with a drag bar and someone clearly messed with the routing of the lines when they installed it. Looks like they're getting cranked a bit.
Thanks!

I'll takes some pictures and post them up this afternoon if no one else does before I can.

Doesn't the online factory manual reference the routing? or a bit of common sense, to ensure at full-lock there is no pinching or binding? In the past I've removed the headlight to give me room to leave the master connected, and to snake the intact assembly through for the front brakes, no disassembly or bleeding required.

Doesn't the online factory manual reference the routing? or a bit of common sense, to ensure at full-lock there is no pinching or binding? In the past I've removed the headlight to give me room to leave the master connected, and to snake the intact assembly through for the front brakes, no disassembly or bleeding required.
Yes, it does along with all cabling.

Mark

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

And another 'ting bout routing......the throttle cables can be fished behind both the upper fork tubes (I believe the stock routing has the cables in front of the r.h.s. tube?)
I think this arrangement gives the bike a cleaner look, especially if viewed front-on.
Cheers!

I recall the early 1970's dirtbikes often had a throttle cable sticking straight-up, then making a 12" dia loop down to the frame & carb. For some reason I liked that look, though there were logistical/operational issues to consider. I dunno why, because in the woods you could snag that loop. Maybe on motocross bikes it didn't matter as much unless your chief competitor had a short length of broomstick w/a hook on the end of it, to snag the loop, and to pull your cable wide-open. :confused2: Or he could stick it into your front wheel...:damn angry:

And another 'ting bout routing......the throttle cables can be fished behind both the upper fork tubes (I believe the stock routing has the cables in front of the r.h.s. tube?)
I think this arrangement gives the bike a cleaner look, especially if viewed front-on.
Cheers!

Maybe these are close enough to help you figurer out OEM routing? I've never changed anything with the routing since I bought this 85 new.

Attachments

• Vmax family 010.jpg
    Vmax family 010.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 26
  • vmax pic for Avitar.jpg
    vmax pic for Avitar.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 25
  • Vmax IMG_2321.JPG
    Vmax IMG_2321.JPG
    171.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Vmax IMG_2322.JPG
    Vmax IMG_2322.JPG
    246.3 KB · Views: 23
I'll takes some pictures and post them up this afternoon if no one else does before I can.

Thanks, I would appreciate some close up ones. I don't have the factory manual. Is there a copy available for download? I haven't been able to find one.

These should help.

Attachments

• DSCF6115.jpg
    DSCF6115.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF6116.jpg
    DSCF6116.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCF6117.jpg
    DSCF6117.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF6118.jpg
    DSCF6118.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF6119.jpg
    DSCF6119.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 18
  • DSCF6120.jpg
    DSCF6120.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCF6121.jpg
    DSCF6121.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 17
  • DSCF6122.jpg
    DSCF6122.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCF6123.jpg
    DSCF6123.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 19

That is awesome! Exactly what I was hoping for.

Back