Pittsburgh Run 2011

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsmikeymustang

Reaction score
We had so much fun last year, we want to do it again. C'mon guys, get this on your calendar. I won't be happy unless we have a yard full of bikes. (I'm very serious.)

Date: August 5th, 6th, 7th

Tentative plans like last year:
++ Arrivals on Friday the 5th with BBQ at mikeymustang's (Monroeville PA 15146) deck and firepit

++ The Run (TBD) on Saturday after Breakfast at King's Restaurant with evening gathering at mikeymustang's deck and firepit

++ Sunday Breakfast + departures

Last year Bill Kratz took us on a fabulous ride to the Mill Run Wind Farm and then on to Ohiopyle. However, there is some interest in doing a "real" tour of Pittsburgh. Feedback, please? Open to ideas on what non-locals would like to see.

Once I get an idea on who's coming, I will reserve some hotel rooms and do my best to get a good rate.

Alicia*

sounds like a great weekend, i'll put it on the calander for sure but once again will have to wait until a little closer to the date to commit to it. Hope to see you two at BR2011

sounds like a great weekend, i'll put it on the calander for sure but once again will have to wait until a little closer to the date to commit to it. Hope to see you two at BR2011

Should I prepare the Monroeville Airport for Tugla-Air? It's a grass runway, so hope you have the Tundra tires. I'm sure you can pick up some passengers + bikes along the way.

Looking forward to BR2011. I really hope to make it this year as support vehicle for Mikey and Kratz. Someone has to transport the brownies. Trying to talk 06VMAXIMUS into joining our caravan.

Alicia*

i'd love to make it but have some things coming up this year which may limit the runs as the year goes on and won't know until the time comes... hopefully i can make thunder!

grass, rocks, ice which ever no problems, and that will be the next order of business, how many vmax can you fit in a skyvan........ 6'6" wide and 19' long, bikes staggered should be min 9 in there :punk::punk:

i'd love to make it but have some things coming up this year which may limit the runs as the year goes on and won't know until the time comes... hopefully i can make thunder!
I would like to come down for the PGH Run sounds like a good time! I have driven through Pittsburgh but would enjoy a local tour if that what happens. One way it's a 615 mile ride and if I could sneak in a Steeler preseason game as well would make it all that much sweeter!:worthy:

I would like to come down for the PGH Run sounds like a good time! I have driven through Pittsburgh but would enjoy a local tour if that what happens. One way it's a 615 mile ride and if I could sneak in a Steeler preseason game as well would make it all that much sweeter!:worthy:

If there is a home game that weekend, i will get us tickets Brian...:punk:

I really wish this would have happened. I met up with Bill K last night at a local bike night at station square and he said it didn't look like we were having a Pgh run this year. That sucks!! I had a great time last year and had the pleasure to meet some of the coolest people ever!! I'd be up for trying to put something together as far as rooms at a local hotel or whatever it takes to bring some of you guys to our scenic area for some winding roads, awesome views and hang with other Vmax family. If anybody seems interested I'll get started or even a day ride through the laurel highlands kinda like last year but also make a stop of a view of Pgh at the top of Mt Washington. Just a thought.. So hit me up, Ed

We just got back from there! Went for a week long camping trip that started down by Cincinnatti, where we hooked up with Devin (44magnum) at the famous "Maid Rite" sandwich shop in Greenville, Ohio. Had a great time with Devin and his kids, and enjoyed a few of their famous loose meat sandwiches. After saying our goodbys, it was back to the camper, where we continued on to the Hocking Hills area to see the Old Mans Cave. After 2 days there, we continued on to Ohiopyle State Park, where we stayed the night and went white water rafting the next morning! After rafting, Mikey and Alicia came to the camper for a quick beer and to say "Hello". We just got back home yesterday and ended up traveling 1,000 miles total! We might be interested in riding back out to see all you guys, what date are you thinking Ed?

What ever date that works for anybody else is fine with me. That sounds like a cool trip you guys just went on. Old mans cave is a really cool area. I took my kids there a few years back and they all liked it alot. But yea, I'm open as far as when. If anyone has any ideas or dates in mind just post when works and hopefully we can put SOMETHING together

Back