Plastic Mega scoops.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Horrendous

Reaction score
Hey everyone.. I just put in an order for the black plastic megascoops from exactrep.

http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/info_51.html

Now im kicking myself thinking I should have ordered the aluminum ones. I dont want the chrome look I was going to paint them glossy black and metallic red and im wondering if the paint is going to stick and hold to the plastic scoops or If I should have gotten aluminum and painted them.
Thoughts?

I've been using Krylon Fusion and other brands of plastic paint on bike parts and to Camo AR-15's. Works great and it's about indestructable.
Even when I've used it on metal parts...

BTW: CaptainKyle is One Hell of a Fantastic Painter....

I have a pair of these - brand new - never used.
$100 if anyone is interested, and I'll cover shipping to the lower 48.

I'd be interested.... I'll PM you in a few minutes... I'm not too far from you, in St. Petersburg...

Dave

Added, PM sent

'chrome' spray paint doesn't look half bad. i used some rustoluem stuff and then did an 'anodized' spray over it and it looks pretty cool. the chrome came out well before i coated it too tho.

Hey everyone.. I just put in an order for the black plastic megascoops from exactrep.

http://www.exactrep.com/acatalog/info_51.html

Now im kicking myself thinking I should have ordered the aluminum ones. I dont want the chrome look I was going to paint them glossy black and metallic red and im wondering if the paint is going to stick and hold to the plastic scoops or If I should have gotten aluminum and painted them.
Thoughts?

I have the same ones. They just need to be prepped properly. An experienced painter should not have a problem with them. They will require some sanding before priming.

Make sure the mounting holes are counter sunk deep enough before painting them. I found out after painting. I just needed to buy a couple longer screws, but that's frustrating to find out when your ready to mount them.

Back