Please check your tires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CaptainKyle

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a guy come buy today on a Triumph Rocket that said his bike did not feel quite right. It only took about 2 seconds to figure out the problem. I dont want to see any one crashing from simply not checking there tires. This is the tire I took off the rocket today.

Attachments

• Vmax hiway pegs 008.jpg
    Vmax hiway pegs 008.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 132
That just looks like stupid,how can you not notice that?

Well that is just stupid! Anyone who rides like that doesn't deserve to be on a bike. If you cannot provide basic maintenance or hire someone to do it for you if you are that uncaring or inept to not develop those skills, you don't belong on a bike. I hope you schooled him about basic ownership functions.

Locally, there is a vo-tech school which offers new rider ownership responsibility classes, teaching people to care for their bikes by doing basic maintenance skills. There is one for females exclusively too.

Sad the guy has been riding for a while & on top of that he always rides 2 up. H etold me he checked the pressure the other day but did not look at the tread since the valve stem is on the side.

Yea, that was pretty stupid. I do try to get as much mileage as I can but that is waaaay beyond when he should have replaced it. Just glad that he brought it to you before he killed his poor innocent passenger. This post coulda been a very sad story in the "in memory" thread.

Hope u didnt charge him and l
told him to save it for his funeral!! Sad to say but...... he should not be riding a bike!!! What's wrong with the dunlop in the back its full of wood chips!!

There are stages of wear:
New - full treaded
Used - has most of the tread
Well used - has little tread
Homemade race slick - has no tread
Maypop - has no tread, can see a little of the cords and may pop while riding
Going to pop - Can see most of the cords, leaks air and will go flat when you the farest from home
Can see air - not flat yet, but dont touch it, it will leak air
Flat - tire gave the ghost up.

I do think that is a prime example of Going to pop. But not far from Can see air.
I check my tires daily, you never know when your going to find you have something in the tire or low air presser. How he got the stage he did with out seeing it?

Sad the guy has been riding for a while & on top of that he always rides 2 up. H etold me he checked the pressure the other day but did not look at the tread since the valve stem is on the side.

Im sorry but that guy is a DUMB ASS!!

I look at my tires every day... sometimes for wear... sometimes because my bike looks bad ass... :biglaugh::biglaugh:

Back