plug wires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I plan on running stock on most things for a while, should i consider aftermarket wires? I do plan on a Exhaust and Stage 7 with Carb mod Or replacement at some point. If there doesn't seem to be a charging issue or any substantial loss dielectricly, what advantages of changing to a higher grade wire are there?? Plus, what's COP ??
Thanks guys..

Cop=coil over plug. Many guys here run them. I plan on doing that mod sometime this summer. I changed my wires cause one was cut back n was to short n it kept coming off the boot. I got my wires from Amazon $18.00 free shipping comes 40" length so you can cut to fit. I'm sure a fresh copper wire is better than a dried out factory wire.

Is there supposed to be an increase in HP with AMarket Wires? So this COP, where do I find this? Is it a kit?? Does it include coils??
Might as well ask the pro's here..

Do a search on "Cops" here on the forum- one of the members builds a plug and play kit for the vmax- can't remember what his forum name is offhand, but I'm sure someone will chime in here:biglaugh:

Thanks Chopcor. I found some info. Ill have a really good look..
-Karma-

Is there supposed to be an increase in HP with AMarket Wires? So this COP, where do I find this? Is it a kit?? Does it include coils??
Might as well ask the pro's here..

If your existing wires and coils are in good condition you won't see a HP gain by replacing them. Cheap copper core wire works fine with these bikes. No need for fancy aftermarket gimmicks that cost more for no gain. COPs are a great alternative if you do need to replace parts.

Back