Poll: Okay, what's next?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What mod should I do next?

• Total voters
Mark, sure! Shoot PM me a price and I'll paypal you the $. My hope is to be able to use late model rotors on my early model forks with these. Sean, what do you think?

Thanks Mark!

Yes you can use late model rotors on your early model forks. That is exactly what I have done and you will not believe the stopping power with the HH pads. Simply incredible!!!!

PM sent. BTW, if you can't use them, i would like them back(i know, i know...whata chump!). If you can, no worries.

This is great, thanks! I will return if I don't use something. I'm not sure if I'll use the master or not.

Hey Mark & Mark
The Busa calipers I have are of course the Tokicos six piston and the bolt spacing is 3 9/16-5/8 so I am sure they are the same. Plus when you look up the HH pads for my calipers they also fit the ZX12.

Maleko (so as to not confuse which Mark) You are going to need some socket head cap screws to fit by the mounting tabs on the forks. They are fine thread 10mm, 10x1.25x20, they are a bitch to find in chrome and they are expensive. Of course I have a couple on hand. Send me your address, again, and if you get the calipers I will send them out to you
Cheers

Thanks Fargo, PM sent!

Hey Mark & Mark
The Busa calipers I have are of course the Tokicos six piston and the bolt spacing is 3 9/16-5/8 so I am sure they are the same. Plus when you look up the HH pads for my calipers they also fit the ZX12.

Thats what i thought. Actually, i remember bolting these up to a Busa, but i've had a few Busa's, along with several sets of forks so my memory is prolly suspect.

You will end up needing new adapters if you use the newer rotors. I have them on hand again finally.

Sean

You will end up needing new adapters if you use the newer rotors. I have them on hand again finally.

Sean

Awesome! I'll contact you as soon as I get the calipers. I have two sets of 4-pot adapters I'll send you. One set is yours that I forgot to return and the other is a set Kloker made for me.

Mark,

Now that you have the WHOA issue sorted it is time to look at the GO portion...... Refresh the engine.... Damn that Mod Monkey he jumped on the keyboard when I was not looking..... Same thing happens when I am on vendors websites.... usually the first indication that he has done this to me is a package showing up in my mail..... Dirty Bastard Mod Monkey:rofl_200:

He may be helping tune a 1300 in that I am sending near his way. I'm sure once he gets it tuned in he may be wanting to jump in with both feet. Actually, we've got some 1275cc pistons that would work great in his original engine.

Sean

There ya go Mark!! A set of 1275 pistons, Sean's Jet kit, re-size and shot peen the rods, new bearings, overdrive tranny upgrade, and a wee bit of head work, and viola a sweet 140hp+ bike:eusa_dance:

Cmon man join the darkside, let the mod monkey munch on ya for a while:punk: Man I love spending other people's money LOL........

LoL, I'm tempted that's for sure. Give me a minute...I'm going to tell the wife about the divorce!

Just tell her about the plans for the bike, she will tell YOU about the divorce! That will save you from having to be the bad guy...:)

Do it NOW !! If she kicks you to the curb you won't be able to afford it afterwards, that is assuming she doesnt take the bike:rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200: Just messing, I know I spent $5,500+ not counting the cost of the jet kit for my 1428 so it can get spendy very fast.

There ya go Mark!! A set of 1275 pistons, Sean's Jet kit, re-size and shot peen the rods, new bearings, overdrive tranny upgrade, and a wee bit of head work, and viola a sweet 140hp+ bike:eusa_dance:

Cmon man join the darkside, let the mod monkey munch on ya for a while:punk: Man I love spending other people's money LOL........

Not quite sure about the 140 though. Been struggling for 2 years to reach that magic number :eusa_dance:
But it will be way better than stock :biglaugh:

Not quite sure about the 140 though. Been struggling for 2 years to reach that magic number :eusa_dance:
But it will be way better than stock :biglaugh:

Dang! If a bigger bore/higher comp and head porting won't get a V-max over 140rwhp, i need to get another dang bike!

Dang! If a bigger bore/higher comp and head porting won't get a V-max over 140rwhp, i need to get another dang bike!

Remember this is with the big cams as well. I was really rich on my last run. Think I have it dialed in now, "fingers crossed", just need to schedule another run.

Awesome man, I appreciate it! Let me know if I can do anything for you!

Latest posts

Back