Popping at Exhaust when Cold

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zexus

Reaction score
I recently got my bike back on the road after a long winter and after a few mods and have noticed a little popping at the exhaust when I start the bike up. It seems to go away after a minute or two. The carbs have all been gone through, cleaned and worn parts replaced, new battery, plugs, valve job, collant, oil, and new supertrapp slip ons. What should I check first? Plugs?, A/F screws?
Thoughts?

Fresh gas with Seafoam?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

That would make sense! Gas is old. I always run a little sea foam in my gas on a pretty regular basis but like I said the gas is from last year. I'll go shoot some fresh stuff in and see if the popping goes away. Good idea.

Normal on some during warm up.....if it all goes away when warm and choke off then no worries....

Seemed to be the norn especially with stock pipes and jetting. I haven't noticed it with aftermarket pipes and good carb set up.

Okay, I never had the issue before redoing the carbs and adding the slipons. I'll check the plugs to see if they are set up right and the colour. If they look good I'll then play with the A/F screws a little. I'll sync everything again and see if things change. I don't think it is a big deal...I'm just very particular about my vehicles:)
Thanks for everyone's input.

Completely normal for me too. I think when your carbs are correct its normal for some choke and a little cold popping. mine Did it with factory exhaust and marks 4-1. My bike runs great.

Back