Problem with drag bars

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Last night I installed drag bars on my 2001 vmax, the problem I am having is my throttle cables hit the tank. I was just wondering if there was a solution to fixing this or not. Thank you for your advice.

Typical issue with them and why I try to sell my customers our Superbike bar (even though we also have the drag bar on hand). The superbike bar has the same pullback but with a little rise in them.

You should be able to roll them up at an angle (will look stupid) and get them to clear. Then rotate the housings to help get them to clear.

Sean

I have one of the risers shown above powder coated Matt black I may be willing to part with. But to be honest I would go with the super bike bars Sean sells. I like them way better then the riser with drag bar and it would probably be cheaper

I sell that same riser setup by the way! It will help too. Some like the relocation rearward it provides as well.

Sean

Or you may want to try the Flanders wide drag bar, I had no problems with clearance and didnt have to tilt the bars up. I have about a little more than a 1/4 inch clearance.

Latest posts

Back