Problem with my fuel pump!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampRider85

Reaction score
I haven't ridden my max in over a year (yea I know!!) and started driving over the road in April of this year. When I came home in June of this year I out my Max in the shop to have the carbs cleaned. I ordered a turn signal relay from Python Motorsports before I went over the road and changed it before I shopped the bike, or thought that's what I changed and ordered. Now the problem..... while the bike was in the shop they told me that they couldn't get the bike to run without "jumping" the pump to the battery, when they told me this I started reading the manual and come to find out Python sent me a fuel pump relay instead. The bike was running with the original relay so I am getting ready to change it back today. Can anyone tell me why the pump wouldn't run like it is supposed to run, other than just the switch?

I think there should be a standing rule here that when you post a problem in a thread, you post the solution. I'm trying to research an issue I have with mine at the moment and I'm coming accross lots of post that don't mention what was done to correct the issue mentioned. Not pointing figures at all, just offering my two cents

Latest posts

Back