Pulled bike out of storage...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gasem

Reaction score
So I went over to the parental units house and grabbed the max out of the basement.

I took a short video of me starting it for the first time. I believe this is the first video of the bike. It's just an iPhone video so it's not the best but it works.

Ok so the sissy bar is off now as my wife is prego and isn't going to be riding this year at all. Oh and the rubber piece is off of the faux because I wet sanded and corrected the paint.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HRpCvbcd0M

Bike sounds and looks great. Admission air noise is really high though, what kind of air filter are you using - individual pods?

Also, is that a bigger headlamp you have on there? I'm thinking of doing that as I've always thought the stock one looks too small for the bike..

Bike sounds and looks great. Admission air noise is really high though, what kind of air filter are you using - individual pods?

Also, is that a bigger headlamp you have on there? I'm thinking of doing that as I've always thought the stock one looks too small for the bike..

LOL

Stock headlight and it's Morley's kit. I have the rubber piece off as I was correcting the paint on the faux so you can hear a bit more than normal, but it's louder with his kit. Under acceleration it sounds great, but at idle you hear the air rushing in.

Chris

Looks and sounds awesome. I hope when my bike grows up it will sound like that.

Chris,

I'm so happy your bike started right up after being in storage all winter. I just got my new tires today so when I get my carbs back from Sean and get that kit tuned in I can't wait to go for a well deserved ride.

Your bike sounds great and looks great too.. you should take a nice long video showing off the whole thing. You are 590 miles away from me. wouldn't it be cool if there were a bunch of us who lived in a circle where it would be about the same distance to ride and all meet in the middle for some riding and some socializing.

Ron

Chris,

I'm so happy your bike started right up after being in storage all winter. I just got my new tires today so when I get my carbs back from Sean and get that kit tuned in I can't wait to go for a well deserved ride.

Your bike sounds great and looks great too.. you should take a nice long video showing off the whole thing. You are 590 miles away from me. wouldn't it be cool if there were a bunch of us who lived in a circle where it would be about the same distance to ride and all meet in the middle for some riding and some socializing.

Ron

Thanks Ron. Pretty sure there's a MN ride-out every year. You'd have to be part of the VMOA to see it though. It's 30 bucks and it may be worth it for you to check it out.

Chris

Thanks Ron. Pretty sure there's a MN ride-out every year. You'd have to be part of the VMOA to see it though. It's 30 bucks and it may be worth it for you to check it out.

Chris

I have been trying to join for a year now but for some reason it wants to charge me $40 instead of $30. Jim is working on that for me so I will be a member soon

Ron

Back