Questions about mid range power

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any info on your machine?
Engine stock, modified??
Carbs?
Exhaust?
Intake?

Really, not much to do to get a big increase without big $$
Most common is a full, aftermarket header, and a jet kit. STG7 and muscle jet kit provide about equal top end performance. The muscle jet kit will give you more in the low to mid range than a stg 7 though.

Other than that, bore, stroke, nitrous, turbo, blower $$

http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=10528

As already stated, before you will see any real improvements you need to open up both ends. The stock exhaust system is very restrictive, therefore the stock jet kit has to be setup to deal with that. Once you put a good header system on you can then add the performance jet kit; Stg 7 or Morley kit.

I went with the Morley kit because Sean has set these bikes up for so many years and he really knows what it takes. Also, he deals with people all over the country (or world for that matter) so he knows what it takes to get them setup right in your altitude ect.

With the Morley kit, Sean adds the K&N filter in the airbox top which I like because I think it helps keep water out of the intakes when/if I get stuck out in the rain. Just a thought...

Welcome to the forums, you'll find a wealth of knowledge here.

new vmax owner looking how to get more mid range power.
Are you sure your bikes running right? Mine had an assload of midrange power, even when it was stock. Is it stumbling in the midrange? It could need the carbs gone through, or the vboost might not be functioning.

new vmax owner looking how to get more mid range power.

You got to be kidding me .I went from a 650 nighthawk 72h.p.to a v max at about 147 and my Max has all the powewr my 220lb body needs.My bike has a powerband the size of Fat ALBERT .You want more midrange?.:ummm:

I'm sure my bike is running rich, would that make the bike a little sluggish? It just seems a little less "crisp" than is should be especially in the midrange.. Runs good though..

X 10000 on the morley kit. you def will appreciate the 3000 rpm and up its fantastic. i used to top out at 210 kph, ive been 245 kph and theres more... im just a chicken i guess. the cost of the jet kit is very reasonable considering the support on the other end. Save your pennies its worth the money buddy.

im a 250 lb 6'3" monster and the installation of the exhaust and the morley package made me scared all over like the day i got the bike...

mileage is supposed to be a bit better too but its really not proven for me as i beat the shit out of the bike daily...

peace,
evan...

Maybe a "Sasy" would be an easy fix? you could set the vboost to come open at say 4500 rpm instead.

Latest posts

Back