Racetech Springs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

you2low

Reaction score
Any one using racetech springs. I need to redo my front forks the nose dive is soooooo bad..lol. Thinking of the racetech 1.0 kg or 1.1Kg just got a set of new progressive 440 HD shocks for the rear im 6'3 and 250 lbs and my girl rides alot on the back so thats another 115lbs im worried about progressive springs not being strong enough

I have the Race Tech springs and emulators. My spring is 1.0 and is too stiff for my weight (160 lbs). Race Tech suggested I reduce the preload but haven't gotten to it yet. Not that big a problem. Race Tech will recommend the correct spring based on your weight and use. Their customer service is great.

I've had both types (Progressive and Race Tech) on two Maxes and prefer the Race Tech.

We sell both racetech and progressive and both work well. I have heard more comments about stiff forks from the racetech's but they only need a bit more "tuning" if you get the gold valve emulators too.

We sell both racetech and progressive and both work well. I have heard more comments about stiff forks from the racetech's but they only need a bit more "tuning" if you get the gold valve emulators too.

I'm guessing that the Progressive wound springs absorb the initial jolt better than straight wound. Mine being too stiff for my weight amplifies the effect. Where I notice them being too stiff is when hitting something that causes that quick jolt (uneven paving, etc). Other than that, the extra stiffness doesn't bother me as I like the better handling. Little better ground clearance also.

Yeah, sounds like the 1.0 or 1.1 would fall-into the correct range, maybe the 1.1 if you ride two-up a lot. What does their worksheet tell you?

I have the Race Tech 1.0 springs & some RICOR's waiting to go in, just haven't gotten around tuit, as they say. I am a bit lighter than you ready to ride & rarely ride 2-up.

As far as I am concerned, the single biggest aid to handling for a VMax is radial tires. Assuming you need new rim-protectors on your wheels!:biglaugh: Get a used 17" or 18" rear rim, and replace your tires. See if I'm lying. The #1 mod you should do.

Back