rear reflector as brake light?!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
wanna use the reflector bar on the stock sissy bar for my rear brake light. has anyone else done that? i also like the look without the rear fender. so if anybody has a clue or why i shouldnt do it let me know.

I have done that on both my Maxes. The first was set up as a running light and my current one is set up as a brake light.

The light is a Model 19 side marker light and is available in red, clear and amber. I used the red but have a clear that I decided not to use. They are on eBay in the eBay Motors "Commercial Truck Parts" category. Do a search for "model 19" in that category. It is a perfect fit and easy to install without instructions. I paid less than $10 including shipping.

Can you get them in dual intensity for running and brakes?

I have done that on both my Maxes. The first was set up as a running light and my current one is set up as a brake light.

The light is a Model 19 side marker light and is available in red, clear and amber. I used the red but have a clear that I decided not to use. They are on eBay in the eBay Motors "Commercial Truck Parts" category. Do a search for "model 19" in that category. It is a perfect fit and easy to install without instructions. I paid less than $10 including shipping.

Do you have a picture of this? I've been kinda interested in this as well. Also, did you use a relay?

i looked at the custom light webpage and that shit is expensive! i will rig it and post pics of it if it turns out good. also has anyone cut the rear fender down at all? ive seen shorties for sale but they are also f-ing expensive!

No need to get and of that expensive crap for this mod, just need to obtain a low cost marker (model 19) from most any good truck stop. Then just connect it in line to either the brake light or the running light. TA-DA! one of the lowest cost upgrades you will ever have for your Vmax!:punk:

Only one density, which is why I have used them both ways. I now have front 3-wire signals on the rear so I can have running and turn signals at both ends of the bike. That is why I have it set up as a brake light. Did not have that on my first Max, so set it up as a running light then.

No relay needed.

Two pics attached.

Attachments

• 2008-08 - Finished - Rear Light 1.jpg
    2008-08 - Finished - Rear Light 1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 2008-08 - Finished - Rear Light 2.jpg
    2008-08 - Finished - Rear Light 2.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 140
I sell the replacement. It's an LED with Tail and Brake light.
Simple installation no extra hardware needed for mounting.

$35.00 plus shipping.

Only one density, which is why I have used them both ways. I now have front 3-wire signals on the rear so I can have running and turn signals at both ends of the bike. That is why I have it set up as a brake light. Did not have that on my first Max, so set it up as a running light then.

No relay needed.

Two pics attached.

I have the same exact LED. If you want both a tail and brake light let me know I have an adapter....

15.00+ shipping.

This particular light (Model 19) is not LED but uses a bulb. The combo taillight and brake light you have sounds good though. Can you post some pics?

My light is the same exact as this, but when I sell you this light I will also provide you with an adapter so it works as a tail light and brake light.

Two pics attached.[/quote]

i bobbed the fender last night

took off the fender, taped it off and cut it with a coping saw. then sanded it with 120 grit. used existing mounts, and fabricated a plate carrier from left over parts0827081834a.jpg

0828080747.jpg

0827081834.jpg

0828080748.jpg

yeah im sure i mounted it illegally but i like it!! i also installed a led tail light in place of the reflector bar. its the night riderz tail from the link on the last page. very easy to solder and mount.0830080907.jpg

Is that one of them stick on led's? There is a guy on ebay selling the hell out of them for 45-55 a piece.

led tail light

i got my led light for 24+ shipping i think it was 32 bucks?! not bad i thought and fast delivery. www.customdynamics.com is where i ordered it. its a good light it oscilates like the knight rider car for a running light then flashes for brakes.

Latest posts

Back