Rear (swing) arm

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nswizard

Reaction score
Hi guys,

just came to part where I need to assemble rear swing arm and something does not look ok. There is too much space between frame and rear arm.
Spacers are there but when i tighten both screws swing arm has some free left-right movement, around 5 mm.

My frame was sandblasted and swing arm bearings were changed (checked dimensions and they are ok)
I've measured distance between those chrome caps that cover left and right screw and it is 40.5 cm (~16in).
Can someone please check dimensions on his frame or if you have some idea what I am missing here.

Tnx!

Attachments

• 2014-03-18 12.49.02.jpg
    2014-03-18 12.49.02.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 33
Checked and I did not mix them.
Cleaned thread again on right side and now bold goes out to fix swingarm.
Now there is no left-right movement of swing arm but there is still lot of space between swing arm and frame.
Not sure if that is ok.
Can someone confirm that please.

Tnx

This space is ok, locking is not done by frame or spacers but with locknuts themselves.

That why you can re-aling (a bit) the swing arm on the left using two adjustables ones (a right one on the left side instead of th standard bolt)

Thank you mate :)
I was already having thoughts that frame was somehow damaged.

I was not able to find in the service manual the order of tightening screws.
What should side should be tightened first? Left or right side?

Tnx!

Sometimes is usual to loose one of the spacers that contact the seals. First you torque the left one (1 piece one to 100Nm) then you "adjust" the right one to the proper torque (6Nm if im not mistaken) and the locknut to 100Nm afterwards. Check play by moving swinger sideways and up and down by hand (no wheel fitted of course)

Thank you.
All parts were there just i did not made a note during disassemble and that space between swing arm and frame was a "possible problem" for me.

Back