rear wheel drive hub removal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oldbogie

Reaction score
I'm sure this is a question that has been asked before, but I'll ask it again.
I have a 1985 model and want to replace the dampers in the rear wheel. They are listed as spareable parts as are the pins that fasten the clutch hub, or drive hub if you prefer, to the wheel. Therefore, there must be a way to dissassemble this unit. Anybody been down this road already and if so would you share what you discovered?

Bogie

all the sleeves on mine got separated from the rubber dampers. so i brought my final drive spline to a shop and the guy welded them on the spline (minus one, as it was missing)...

so to answer ur question, i think they are pressed in, but u should be able to cut them out or drive them into the hub and remove them that way.

I think they are a one shot deal, you have to destroy them to get them out of the wheel if that's what you are talking about,

As far as parts they should come with the rubber thingie and the inner and outer metal sleeve, at least that's what came with my Wheels and the parts were unopened in a yamaha parts bag.

I don't know why you would need to replace the pins thatgo through the sleeve, I don't think they would be a wearable item unless the rubber pieces disintegrated completely and in the process damaged the pins.

I had to install the cushion thingies in my new RC wheel when I got them and had to deep freeze the rubber with the outer sleeve on it and put a lot of heat on the wheel, lubricated the hole and then still had to pound them in with the right size socket used for a driver while beating on it with a mallet.

It was like trying to have sex with my 1st G/F

not sure why, but i had heard a few people had the metal sleeves disconnect from the rubber dampers. possibly the p/c, possibly the bike sat for a while. either way its just as good now, bu tthe outer sleeves are attached to the hub instead of the rubber dampers.

Back