rebuilt water pump

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i did notice it had some side to side wobble when i tore it apart that usually means the bearing is bad like a water pump on a car. and it had that same side to side wobble after i put new seals, and a new bearing in it....... i wonder if the shaft is worn enough to let it wobble under higher rpm, and letting it leak it doesn't leak at an idle, i got it leak once when i reved it up, and only once, but it seems when i ride it, it leaks...... stop signs or red lights i get a little whiff of burnt coolant......... possible??
Bearings are cheap enough.$16-$18. by the time the seal starts leaking, the bearing is ready for a swap out too. I wouldn't fool with a wobbly impeller shaft. That pump seal also keeps the water out of your oil.

Bearings are cheap enough.$16-$18. by the time the seal starts leaking, the bearing is ready for a swap out too. I wouldn't fool with a wobbly impeller shaft. That pump seal also keeps the water out of your oil.

yeah, im gonna start all over with new seals, bearing and an impeller shaft this time..... i know for future ref. if i have to do this again, im gonna get everything again. im just a cover and a housing short of being completely new lol.

just hard to believe a new bearing from yamy dealer was worn as much as my old one..... and i know i didnt mix them up, i didnt open the new one till i was ready to put it in. the seals were easy to tell apart, the old ones were beyond usuable..... makes me think the shaft is worn, so im replacing that this time, along with everything else, i dont trust the new seals and bearing now. cheaper just to get new again, not doing this a third time.

well tore it apart, and the damn ceramic seal is broke in 2 spots..... so it's on to another mechanical seal.

Back