Rich at idle, good at 3-7k RPM

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dekberg

Reaction score
Max is running extremely rich when idling but leans out around normal running/riding RPM 3000 - 7000 RPM.

Any suggested fixes?

Thanks,
Darren

And you know this......how? You have an air/fuel guage hooked up? Or going by intuition?

Give more details of your carb setup and/or history please, then I'm sure you'll get tons of help.

Check your float level. Look in the carb section stickies for setting information.

And you know this......how? You have an air/fuel guage hooked up? Or going by intuition?

Give more details of your carb setup and/or history please, then I'm sure you'll get tons of help.

Agree....need more info. Did this just start....been a long term condition...change location & elevation....anything happen to the bike that could have disturbed settings/floats/etc.....:ummm:

I may be off base, but if it's running extremely rich at idle, then wouldn't you just adjust the idle mixture screws? If you are not aware, they are the screws located behind the brass caps at the very bottom of the carb just below the side diaphragm covers. If they haven't been removed they are a real pain the first time. I'm no mechanic, but I'm almost certain that the upper range mixture is controlled by the jets and needles and the idle speed mixture is controlled by these 4 adjustable mixture screws. Good luck.

Back