Rider's perspective on new Max

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what is on the little display on top of the tank now that the tach and speedo are on the bars?
I hear stories of traction control that is really like launch control...

I am sure that most of you have already noticed the fork damping adjusters on top of the forks too. Glad to see that Yamaha went with a conventional fork with the adjustability of the USD front end!!:punk:

interesting...trying to find someone who has read the MCN pages with the teck specs...here is what i found on UK forum:

" It's in there on pages 2-5
There are photos and not artists impressions but they stick the photos over 2 pages so it's harder to scan

No details are confirmed yet but the engine is between 1600-1800cc. 210 bhp detuned from 295bhp
Variable valve timing, 6 gears, aluminium frame, 6 piston front brakes and ABS
18 inch wheels with a 200 section rear tyre
No ignition key - works using a key fob when your sitting on it.

Bad news
It's going to cost ?12000

Get hold of a copy today

Cheers!

No details are confirmed yet but the engine is between 1600-1800cc. 210 bhp detuned from 295bhp

Bad news
It's going to cost ?12000 (quote]

More bad news......12,000.00 GBP = $23,715.57 USD:bang head:

I can't see Yamaha giving us a $24,000 V-Max. They have to know that with the state our economy is in, and with gas prices as they are, these bikes will not sell at that price. That has to be an inflated price for the European market, which is not the main target for this bike.

Sure, Harley guys will pony up that kind of cash. However, those guys won't be buying a V-Max. Also, I don't see Yamaha offering some of the crazy financing options, like 10 years, that Harley offers to get people to pay those prices.

This bike has to come in at around 16k to be viable here.

On this note....if it does carry that price tag it would be a good idea to buy one, because it may end up being a failure, making the bike disappear and creating an instant collectible.

Mike

Current word on the street, from a Yamaha rep, is ~$16k +/- a bit retail. Could go as high as $18k would be my estimate. What I am more curious about is if they are going to sell factory "power accessories" such as exhausts like they do with the MT-01 and along the lines of the Raider with factory upgrades.

Current word on the street, from a Yamaha rep, is ~$16k +/- a bit retail. Could go as high as $18k would be my estimate. What I am more curious about is if they are going to sell factory "power accessories" such as exhausts like they do with the MT-01 and along the lines of the Raider with factory upgrades.

Thanks, my butt can un-pucker now. Well, a little.

If MCN is right and it's a tick under 12,000 british pounds that's gonna be barely under $24,000 USD.

I don't think they'll sell well at all for that price no matter how fast they are.....

I hope they are wrong; at $16,000-17,000 I think they sell just fine....

Sorry, I'm not seeing the $24k price. No way the market supports it. I can have two Busa's in my garage for that.

you cant convert like that....us prices are never what people pay in UK or Europe..... Ducati for instance has bikes priced much cheaper in the us tan england

At 16k, I am going to be in. I will have to sell my existing bikes and do some financing...but that is doable. I really am excited about this bike....it is so bad ass.

Mike

you cant convert like that....us prices are never what people pay in UK or Europe..... Ducati for instance has bikes priced much cheaper in the us tan england

You're right I was just thinking along the lines of what I do when I actually buy something for the Vmax direct from Europe.

I forgot that manufacters can and do set different prices in different markets....

Edit

I just did a price comparison for the first model of M/C I could find released in USA and UK in identical (I think) forms.

It's the Kawasaki Concours 14 ABS, or ZZR1400 ABS in the UK.

UK price 8950 pounds
USA price $13799

Obviously not a direct currency conversion as RJRJRJ stated.

Using those numbers the 12,000 pound Vmax would be $18501 American

Judging by the look of the bike its not gaged at the American market as much as the European market,in Europe this bike will sell well, even to release a "New" bike in the state of our economy supports this, so I believe If you want one expect to pay the piper.

$16.000 the bike will not sell... in two years time they will be down to the mid 13.000s

for the fastest most powerful bike ever? i doubt that... considering that a raider is 19000, the roadliner s is 20, and the warrior is 18 here in canada with a dollar that is PAR with US ...... VMAX isnt a budget bike. I payed 14 for my 06 brand new...... i think reality is that the world can and will support a 17g vmax....

for the fastest most powerful bike ever? i doubt that... considering that a raider is 19000, the roadliner s is 20, and the warrior is 18 here in canada with a dollar that is PAR with US ...... VMAX isnt a budget bike. I payed 14 for my 06 brand new...... i think reality is that the world can and will support a 17g vmax....
big money in canada shit paid 9750 new o6

Bad news
It's going to cost ?12000 (quote]

More bad news......12,000.00 GBP = $23,715.57 USD:bang head:

Don't forget that the sales tax (VAT) is way higher in the U.K.

Back