RIP Jeff

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnclePhilthy

Reaction score
Sad news sent to me this morning, relating to the death of Jeff Healey...

As a guitar lover and player myself for more years than I care to admit to, I was a big fan of Jeff and his music. His love of blues and GOOD rock, was very much on point with the kind of music that I love to hear and play myself.

For those who may not have heard of him, he was totally blind, and played in the most unconventional method I?ve ever seen... holding his axe flat, and fretting chords and notes by playing above the fretboard.

As a sighted and also self-taught player, I was amazed that he was SO good, and only hope that in my next life, I may get close to the level of expertise that he had.

His leads were amazing, and full of that fire that separates the real ones from the wannabes.

For all players everywhere, and all our bro?s up there in the Great White North where he was from, we have lost something pretty special... Thanks for sharing him with us.

RIP Jeff, your genius, legacy, and music will live on!

Uncle Philthy

You want to talk about someone who could bend, that was the dude. Wicked vibrato too.

How did he pass away? He was pretty young.

Mike

Great Rock Guitarists are hard to come by anymore. I am saddend to hear of his passing.

At least now he and Stevie can replay their duet.

R.I.P Jeff

Why do the great Blues players have to die in such horrible ways?.... Jeff - cancer, SRV - plane crash... the music world has lost yet another great axe man..:rip:

Back