Rockatansky Fubared????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

85 MAX-fan

Reaction score
So Rock was over on Sunday to wrench on "Skyshot", its always great to have a hand while working on a bike, and I noticed something was up. Kept on talking about GP this, magazine test that, rear wheel dyno tests on 2006 1 liter Gixers vs the new 2011, stuff like that. Says that any 06 Sazook would stomp his MAX and his ZZR and that its a whole 'nother ballgame. Periodically he would apologize and make a half-hearted comment about wanting all three, but there isn't room in the garage to hold his two bikes, my KX500, and his ramp building materials. How it would be great to have a bike to cover every part of the spectrum, and he's missed his old GSXR since he wadded it back in the 90's. Asked me if I thought some Ohlins hardware would help his ZZR stay with a late model sport bike through the corners.
After he finished drilling lightening holes in the head light brackets on "Skyshot" he turns to me and says, "you know the dealer up the road has a clean 06 Zook, and the salesman is really wanting "to work with me" on a trade in deal if I bring in my MAX".

Then it hits me, he is talking about getting rid of his V-Max!!!! I just about cracked his skull with my air impact gun, but i was feeling dizzy after the betrayal set in.
So I pull it together and start pouring some 1/2" ball bearings into a tube sock (to avoid breaking my impact) and when he sees this he quickly excuses himself, exclaims that it is getting late, jumps on the Kwacker and takes off like a scalded dog. Dim as his bulb can be he knew he was about to take a shot to the melon with the steel sock puppet.

So what now?? Lie in wait and finish the puppet show, wait till he finishes his end of the deal with "Skyshot" and then settle up??? I mean, I am at a loss here.....I will say this though, I see him buying any extended swingarm parts for a GSXR and I will settle it right there.......
:ummm:

So Rock was over on Sunday to wrench on "Skyshot", its always great to have a hand while working on a bike, and I noticed something was up. Kept on talking about GP this, magazine test that, rear wheel dyno tests on 2006 1 liter Gixers vs the new 2011, stuff like that. Says that any 06 Sazook would stomp his MAX and his ZZR and that its a whole 'nother ballgame. Periodically he would apologize and make a half-hearted comment about wanting all three, but there isn't room in the garage to hold his two bikes, my KX500, and his ramp building materials. How it would be great to have a bike to cover every part of the spectrum, and he's missed his old GSXR since he wadded it back in the 90's. Asked me if I thought some Ohlins hardware would help his ZZR stay with a late model sport bike through the corners.
After he finished drilling lightening holes in the head light brackets on "Skyshot" he turns to me and says, "you know the dealer up the road has a clean 06 Zook, and the salesman is really wanting "to work with me" on a trade in deal if I bring in my MAX".

Then it hits me, he is talking about getting rid of his V-Max!!!! I just about cracked his skull with my air impact gun, but i was feeling dizzy after the betrayal set in.
So I pull it together and start pouring some 1/2" ball bearings into a tube sock (to avoid breaking my impact) and when he sees this he quickly excuses himself, exclaims that it is getting late, jumps on the Kwacker and takes off like a scalded dog. Dim as his bulb can be he knew he was about to take a shot to the melon with the steel sock puppet.

So what now?? Lie in wait and finish the puppet show, wait till he finishes his end of the deal with "Skyshot" and then settle up??? I mean, I am at a loss here.....I will say this though, I see him buying any extended swingarm parts for a GSXR and I will settle it right there.......
:ummm:

Wait a minute, wait a minute....let's not panic just yet!! Rock-o's a pretty smart guy, it's entirely possible he has some kind of 'exterior' motive.....you know, a motive that's 'outside' the norm....like exterior.....oh, never mind.

I'm just saying, before you scramble his arithmetic with some Timkin rejects, let's examine this situation (dire as it appears on the surface) from every possible angle.

First, are you certain there isn't enough room for another bike in his garage? Especially a GSXR, they weigh almost nothing....could easily hoist one up with a few chunks of bailing twine!

What about an addition, how stringent are the building codes in his 'hood'? Could the ramp be used as temp shelter for the GSXR.....not like it's a v max.....you can leave those gixer's outside, no problem! :punk:

Hmmmm, you do have the sock filled & ready, just in case.....right? :biglaugh:

Wait a minute, wait a minute....let's not panic just yet!! Rock-o's a pretty smart guy, it's entirely possible he has some kind of 'exterior' motive.....you know, a motive that's 'outside' the norm....like exterior.....oh, never mind.

I'm just saying, before you scramble his arithmetic with some Timkin rejects, let's examine this situation (dire as it appears on the surface) from every possible angle.

First, are you certain there isn't enough room for another bike in his garage? Especially a GSXR, they weigh almost nothing....could easily hoist one up with a few chunks of bailing twine!

What about an addition, how stringent are the building codes in his 'hood'? Could the ramp be used as temp shelter for the GSXR.....not like it's a v max.....you can leave those gixer's outside, no problem! :punk:

Hmmmm, you do have the sock filled & ready, just in case.....right? :biglaugh:
Well, I have no problem if he adds a bike. But trading in the MAX on a GSXR crosses the line.
The building codes are a major problem, especially with his neighbors all PO'ed at us for the ramp in the yard, noise from the bikes etc. One minute of hammering is about all it would take to instigate a call into the village inspector.
Besides, the good weather is almost here, and I will be picking up the KX soon, so if it really was a question of space it will open up in a couple of weeks.
No, I think the issue here goes beyond simple planning to Rock not seeing the forest for the trees.
The sock is ready. It makes my coat hang crooked though. I will have to load another one for the other pocket.

Well, I have no problem if he adds a bike. But trading in the MAX on a GSXR crosses the line.
The building codes are a major problem, especially with his neighbors all PO'ed at us for the ramp in the yard, noise from the bikes etc. One minute of hammering is about all it would take to instigate a call into the village inspector.
Besides, the good weather is almost here, and I will be picking up the KX soon, so if it really was a question of space it will open up in a couple of weeks.
No, I think the issue here goes beyond simple planning to Rock not seeing the forest for the trees.
The sock is ready. It makes my coat hang crooked though. I will have to load another one for the other pocket.

Hmmm, I was afraid of this, rarely hear from him anymore.....but I didn't know he was planning an escape! Not good, not good at all! :punk:

OK, 1/2" ball bearings you say....a sock full......:hmmm:.....I believe 3 cans of HD Bear Spray in the other pocket should tip the scales back almost horizontal AND give you more versatility in the types of 'corrective action' from which to choose!

Hmmm, I was afraid of this, rarely hear from him anymore.....but I didn't know he was planning an escape! Not good, not good at all! :punk:

OK, 1/2" ball bearings you say....a sock full......:hmmm:.....I believe 3 cans of HD Bear Spray in the other pocket should tip the scales back almost horizontal AND give you more versatility in the types of 'corrective action' from which to choose!

Ya,
Not on the forum too much lately. I may have to check out GSXR.com to see if I can spot him over there. Probably getting advice on which fender eliminator looks best.
As far as the sock, it's not full of ball bearings, I just use a fist sized dose. Any more and the sock breaks when you connect. Spray in the other pocket DUH!!! WTF was I thinking???? the solution was right there the whole time Danny.

Latest posts

Back