Rotor bolts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poolio

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where can I get all new front and rear rotor bolts? I found a few places on line that were like $60 for just the 6 on the rear. Can I use a normal m8x25mm button head bolt or are they special bolts? Any help much appreciated

I used regular button heads, but they do look a lot smaller than the stock super-soft bolts.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Check for clearance on aftermarket replacements. Rotate the wheel.

I wonder if you could temper the stock bolts w/a torch & water or oil quenching? I had to chisel some out before.

I sell a chrome set of low flat bolts for $50 for the front/rear set (18 bolts).

Sean

I got them out, some donkey must have thought he wouldn't need another rotor. He used the blue thread lock. I bought the rims for the rotors and im putting them on the wheels on the bike. All Galfer rotors and rims that aren't in bad shape for $120. The rotors are brand new. Im just not reusing the old bolts, whoever put them on rounded the allen off a little bit so I had to work to get them off. The threads were all flat and destroyed. Think he over tightened them. At least I got them out

Poolio, just be aware that blue thread lock is supposed to be on the bolts.. If you did not put any on, un-do each one and put a little.. When i had to replace my rear rotor, 2 months ago, I just used a propane torch to give a little heat to the bolt post before loosening them. The all came out without a problem and not one of them rounded out.
vmax rotor.JPG

Yep.....I read somewhere that the factory put the thread lock on. Thats why I used an impact to take mine out.

If you are looking for good deals on bolts, my suggestion is look up a Fastenal. I was supprised that they only need 17 ftlbs...but that threadloc made it hard as hell to get them off...lol I pulled mine when I did the bearing last month...

I may take you up in that offer Sean. Just called the dealer, he wants almost $5 a piece. So he's at $90 for 18 bolts lol. Are these normal bolts? Or are they specific ones for brakes because of heat or something?

Are these normal bolts? Or are they specific ones for brakes because of heat or something?
Don't think they are special when it comes to the threads, but the "head" on a regular hex button cap bolt of that size might cause a problem clearing the calipers. Notice, these bolts has a shallow head on them.

Rotor bolts.jpg

Troubles with stripping the allen out? I used the die grinder and created a groove for a large flats across the head. Heating up the heads DOES work in releasing the blue on the threads.

Looked at the pro bolt sight. Nice stuff, for $50 im going with Sean's I think. Got the rim off the bike and the new rotor is on and looks great. My son and I did it in under an hour. Put the blue loctite on and torqued it properly. Taking it to get the new shinko 170 mounted and balanced tomorrow. Had enough good bolts to do the rear. Im still learning how to post pics. Thank you for all your advice and help. I turn to this sight for any question or idea or just to read and learn. Very grateful

Back