Saw my friends two Vmax's...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
So I took a visit to my buddy's house and got a good look at his two Vmax's. He owns..

1.) 1987 Vmax. Dual HMF exhaust. Stage 7kit. Painted matte black.

2.) 1985 Vmax. Single Hindle, with a Hindle Competition muffler. The pipe is like a sewer pipe. It's the biggest pipe I've ever seen. This is one I recalled as being a dual - however - it is a single - and sounds like no other Vmax I have ever heard. It is deep, loud, AND sounds like the most bas ass stock car you've ever heard. The bike is set up for NOS, has steering dampner, and at one point was set up for (air shifter?) for drag racing.

So as he was showing me around the garage, he was showing me some of the things he's accumulated...

He has a spare set of Super traps (spelling?). A hines and something or other dual exhuast, a spare stage 1 kit..

So he asked me what year MY bike was.. I told him 1997 - and he goes into a box and pulls out an aftermarket fork brace for me and gives it to me! He said he'll never have another Vmax ( besides his two).

I also told him about my left shock and not being able to adjust it - as the top portion spins freely - so he pulls out his box and gave me his stock suspension pieces (he has replaced his w/ progressive).

What a lucky day for me!
________
Jaguar V12 engine specifications

Last edited:
Did you get down on your knees and...

lol

Good for you...

Sounds like a guy we'd like to see here. Is he a forum type of guy or more old school?

Chris

So I took a visit to my buddy's house and got a good look at his two Vmax's. He owns..

1.) 1987 Vmax. Dual HMF exhaust. Stage 7kit. Painted matte black.

2.) 1985 Vmax. Single Hindle, with a Hindle Competition muffler. The pipe is like a sewer pipe. It's the biggest pipe I've ever seen. This is one I recalled as being a dual - however - it is a single - and sounds like no other Vmax I have ever heard. It is deep, loud, AND sounds like the most bas ass stock car you've ever heard. The bike is set up for NOS, has steering dampner, and at one point was set up for (air shifter?) for drag racing.

So as he was showing me around the garage, he was showing me some of the things he's accumulated...

He has a spare set of Super traps (spelling?). A hines and something or other dual exhuast, a spare stage 1 kit..

So he asked me what year MY bike was.. I told him 1997 - and he goes into a box and pulls out an aftermarket fork brace for me and gives it to me! He said he'll never have another Vmax ( besides his two).

I also told him about my left shock and not being able to adjust it - as the top portion spins freely - so he pulls out his box and gave me his stock suspension pieces (he has replaced his w/ progressive).

What a lucky day for me!

Sweet!

I told him about the forum. But I am not sure if he's going to join or not.

He'd be a wealth of information I know. He does all his own work and pretty much knows them inside and out.

He is actually my best friends father. I spent so much time over at their house that I consider them a second family.

from even before I could drive I used to ask him as many questions as I could think of pertaining to souping up cars and such.

As long as I can remember he drove his Vmax. I never thought anything of it, as I was always into cars. Then one day I heard his second Vmax (the one that sounds like a stock car) and the decision was made that I must own one :)

I'm going to try to get him to join, but I don't know how much he likes computers.
________
magic flight

Last edited:
Back