Saw one bike on the road today...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cgswss

Reaction score
It was not real cold this morning, and I went out to take advantage of some deals in the stores. I was actually warm in the car and though "I'm surprised there aren't some brave soles out on their bikes for one last ride of the year". An hour later when I was taking the long way home from Lakeside (going up to get some jerky from a place I know in Almont), I was startled awake by a dark ZX14 with a rider dressed in black zipping by me at about Warp Factor 2. I thought I heard a sonic boom- but I'm sure it wasn't.

All the way home I wondered if Todd had taken his new rocket ship out for a ride. I didn't see any vid posted, so I guess it wasn't him.

Sure went by me fast...

I counted 12 on Saturday around town. 11 were Harley and 1 sport bike

rick

Went out with a few friends last Sunday myself, kept it local and had a great time, the Max loves the cool air, probally took a couple thousand miles off the rear tire with the 2nd gear rollers!.........:biglaugh:........Tom.

I could have gone out yesterday. Hit 63. Today It's back to a balmy 34, and tomorrow is going to be a whopping 25 degrees.

Hell, it's been a high in the 20's for a couple days now and will continue for a couple more. This is NOT Texas weather. Ice up to 3 inches thick covers everything. Trees, power lines, etc breaking. I refuse to drive in this as people here just don't know how to drive on icy streets. Haven't left the house since Wednesday mid-day.

Don't know how you folks living up north live with this on a regular basis... :bang head:

Hell, it's been a high in the 20's for a couple days now and will continue for a couple more. This is NOT Texas weather. Ice up to 3 inches thick covers everything. Trees, power lines, etc breaking. I refuse to drive in this as people here just don't know how to drive on icy streets. Haven't left the house since Wednesday mid-day.

Don't know how you folks living up north live with this on a regular basis... :bang head:

Skates and skis.....

We do get ice storms from time to time but thankfully it usually covered up by snow in short order so there is some traction. Since we have more trees than people dealing with the legions of non-driving idiots of heavy population areas is a non-issue, well for the most part anyway.:biglaugh:
Snow is easily handled as we have the tools to move the majority of out of the way so we can drive. Sometimes it does fall too fast for the snow moving equipment, for that we have four wheel drive, snowmobiles, dog sleds, x-country skis and last but not least, trusty old snowshoes!
If it thunder snows we always have plenty of beer to wait out mother natures fury! :snow: :snow: :cheers: :snow::snow:

Saw one bike out today on this sweltering 25° day in northern ohio, lol. Theres a few folks in my town with early 80's hondas that run studded tires n ride all year!

Went on a group ride this morning and saw 1000 + bikes today. I love winter, perfect riding weather here in the sunshine state :punk:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Morning and night rides are bad in LA. 40 degrees and below. Days warm and sunny. Still cold.

Rode to a veteran's function Saturday on the VMax. It was 15 degrees. Everyone thought I lost my mind. I can't help it. I'm addicted to the ride.

I probably saw 40 or 50 bikes out yesterday. a lot of them weren't wearing helmets. a strange sight for me. Oh yea, I forgot to mention I'm in Zephyrhills, Florida. It was 86 here yesterday and about the same today. Wish I had my Vmax. A little different than western NY

I probably saw 40 or 50 bikes out yesterday. a lot of them weren't wearing helmets. a strange sight for me. Oh yea, I forgot to mention I'm in Zephyrhills, Florida. It was 86 here yesterday and about the same today. Wish I had my Vmax. A little different than western NY

A lot different than western NY, which is why I started life in the former and made a move to the latter! Riding year-round, despite the behavior of drivers here from all-over the world, still has its advantages.

images
$_12.JPG

Yea, I get it Medic. Before life got in the way, I used to come to florida from jan to march. I got laid off from my construction job and headed south. My parents were snow birds so I stayed for free. Loaded up my zl 900 on my ford ranger and hung out in Zephyrhills. What I'm living now, weather wise, here in florida, is like the best summer days back in NY. Did I mention it's december:eusa_dance:

Yes, the weather in FL is usually great between Nov and April. Before & after can be OK too, but I don't ride much in the summer when it's hot & muggy. I learned how to drive and ride in western NY and still have snow-covered roads experience. One of the worst days I saw was seeing cars w/their brakes locked-up just sliding-down a hill covered in ice and fresh snow, watching the people spin their steering wheels L & R, not doing a thing to change the vehicle's direction/travel, and then the cars just bouncing-off cars still on the road below them on the hill. All low-speed impacts so only property damage. That was in SW MI on a State of MI major road in-front of the regional hospital.

Don't be tempted to ride in FL w/o a helmet! I've used-up two, no-fault of my own either time, and strangely-enough, one was riding to work at fire-rescue, and once was on the way home!

I like the country roads, and I always liked riding within sight of Lake Ontario, which you could see during the winter from the home my parents built in western NY, on-top of a hill about 10 miles from the lake. Swimming in Lake Ontario in the summer, and then diving on a reef in the Atlantic, off the coast of south FL, another reason I live here by-choice. Diving a coral reef is something everyone needs to do in their life.

Yea, I get it Medic. Before life got in the way, I used to come to florida from jan to march. I got laid off from my construction job and headed south. My parents were snow birds so I stayed for free. Loaded up my zl 900 on my ford ranger and hung out in Zephyrhills. What I'm living now, weather wise, here in florida, is like the best summer days back in NY. Did I mention it's december:eusa_dance:

Back