scooby doo where are you

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crashmymax

Reaction score
hey gang i have a mystery to solve. Bike is almost back together but i have a couple of mystery parts. Hopefully someone can help identify them.

1st i have a small hose, i know i have seen this on the bike because it is very familiar but i just cant figure out or remember where it goes.

2nd its a washer that is a little bigger than a quarter and its a full 1/8 inch thick i have no idea where it came from.

3rd the smaller diameter coolant line i cant see were it goes I might have to pull the carbs back out to be able to see better.

4th and last is a one wire connector its black with white or silver stripe cant tell for sure. i do not see this in my diagram anywhere not sure what plugs into it. see pics.

any help would be great thanks. sorry for the scooby thing but my daughter has been watching it every night before bed and i cant get it out of my head.

Attachments

• IMAG0058.jpg
    IMAG0058.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 48
  • IMAG0059.jpg
    IMAG0059.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMAG0061.jpg
    IMAG0061.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMAG0060.jpg
    IMAG0060.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 47
1. battery overflow?
2. rear axle spacer?
3. two big ones go to cyl heads, the small one goes inbetween heads
4. RR negative?

#3 is probably ground from the temperature gage.
#4 is ground to R/R.

I already have the rear axle spacer in. I had it in a baggy of things i was going to have sand blasted and painted so it must be a visable washer if i were going to paint it(maybe) .

Is there washer under the steering head nut?

What does RR stand for?

No washer under the head nut. R/R is rectifier/regulator and is behind left passenger foot peg.

1: Battery Overflow and Muffler Mount Spacer. Look at the rear passenger peg mounting bracket where the muffler bolts through. You'll have a recess for that thick washer (one on each side).

2: See #1 above if that's a close up of the same part

3: Small line routes around through the rubber deflector shield, down around and above the #4 intake mainfold and connects to the top of the PCV system / Coolant chamber on the right side of the bike.

4: Ground wire to the regulator goes into here.

Thanks guys everything has found a home except the ground wire for the R/R. is it separate from the main wire harness? I only have 2 connectors from the R/R a 3 wire all white and a single red wire that is connected. No single black ground wire.:ummm:

Attachments

• IMAG0064.jpg
    IMAG0064.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 12
I believe it would have been a separate ground wire that bolted in with the regulator on your early bike (if you have the flat unfinned regulator).

This would have been a great opportunity to upgrade with a new R/R!! Most folks use one from an R1, but others will work once you get the wiring figured out (mineis from an 04 ZX6R).

"regulator/rectifier" changes AC to DC. Your alternator makes AC, the R/R controls the voltage to the battery.

The old style like mine does this inefficiently? Thats why i should upgrade? just want to understand why i might want to do this.

Back