Search has failed me, what's the Baddest/Meantest exhaust!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemini8026

Reaction score
Pretty close to pulling the trigger on a Max here men!!!

When I do, I want to add the basic mods!!!!

What are the first/essential mods. And, whats the meanest, best exhaust to scare the neighbours, add power, and just make the bike stand out?!?!

as far as exhaust go, can't help ya out.. haven't gotten down that path yet... i'd say if u have the coin tho get a full exhaust, don't waste ur time w/slip ons...

as far as essential mods. that depends on the person.

some people will tell you a seat, which i would like as well but wouldnt' consider it essential. for me it was a sissybar so the lady doesn't go flying off... a shift light is also pretty key for me... depends on what ya want! i put my bars from drag bars back to stock, as others would say u gotta get rid of the bars. so its all in opinion!

Seat for sure... Exhaust is awesome if you can afford it. Marks, Kerker are the best sounding IMO, but Dale Walker (www.holeshot.com) makes a hell of a well built/fitting kit.

Check out the VMF links page for links to the good stuff.

Chris

Hey guys, just got off the horn with a gal.

She has an '04 Vmax (lady driven) that has 7000km on it (4500miles)

and she wants 7k for it, which is 6000$ usd..

comes with windshield

no knicks/dents, clean title.

decent price, or should i bargain further?

Sounds like a decent deal to me! Being that a woman owned it may mean it's not been beat to badly.

Worth looking at none the less IMO!

What are the first/essential mods. And, whats the meanest, best exhaust to scare the neighbours, add power, and just make the bike stand out?!?!
Everyone knows its its the Kerker if you want loud. If you want questions about what that thing is everywhere you go & ears to perk up for miles then I would say the UFO Drag Star with out a doubt.

I'm sure there are louder, but for attention getting I'm finding that my Mark's turn heads wherever I go. I had the whole group of riders outside the local VFW turn and watch as I rode by last night....but have not had a one cop say they are too loud, of course I take it easy around them just in case....:biglaugh:

I HAVE HEARD SEVERAL EXAUSTS IN PERSON AND I LIKE MARKS THE BEST. HIS PIPES ARE PAIRED DIFERENTLY THAN MOST OTHER PIPES AND THEY HAVE A CROSSOVER THAT NO ONE ELSE USES, THEY SOUND THROATY:clapping:. CK YOU TUBE FOR MARKS PIPES VMAX AND HAVE A LISTEN. THE KERKER AND HINDLE SOUND GOOD ALSO BUT BOTH ARE 4-1 . THE KERKER MUFFLER IS SMALL DIAMETER GIVING A MORE RASPY SOUND. IF YOU LIKE TO RIDE MORE THAN 100 MILES AT A TIME A SEAT MOD WOULD BE A GOOD INVESTMENT I HAVE AN INFLATABLE CUSHION I USE BUT I PLAN ON A NEW SEAT SOON PROBABLY SEAN MORLEYS [HE HAS LOT OF GOOD PRODUCTS]. I HAVE BAR ENDER HELMET LOCKS TOO FOR HANDLEBAR ENDS, WORK GREAT! HOPE THIS HELPS.

Hey guys, just got off the horn with a gal.

She has an '04 Vmax (lady driven) that has 7000km on it (4500miles)

and she wants 7k for it, which is 6000$ usd..

comes with windshield

no knicks/dents, clean title.

decent price, or should i bargain further?

pretty fair deal. check it out for sure. it'd say its right about where you could expect to pay

Not sure if many know this but Mark worked for Kerker back in the '80s when the Vmax system was designed and was part of the design team.

That's probably why his systems sound a lot like a Kerker system.

Chris

I've had both Dale's and the Kerker Kseries. I like Dale and think he's a pretty decent guy. I've spoken to him on the phone several times and he's always been patient with me. He's also a mom and pop storefront so to speak.

Having said that, I like the Kerker better.

I have the hindle exhaust with coated headers and after a few miles they started to sound VERY good. I remember jeff telling me that they make the most power of all the systems as well.

I really have grown to love the system. It sounds great especially above 6K.

The one downfall to Hindle (the only one) is that they reduce ground clearance by quite a bit making speed bumps and lowered bikes a bad combination. My buddy has the Hindle header.

Anybody running/remember the Sudco exhaust? Good power but unsure of the sound. I am dyed in the wool 4-2-1 Kerker man. 2.5 competition baffle with the packing mostly burned out. My Hot rod neighbor can't shut up about how bad that it sounds and that he can tell it is me coming down the road for a mile! Sucks you lose the center stand lugs though.

The one downfall to Hindle (the only one) is that they reduce ground clearance by quite a bit making speed bumps and lowered bikes a bad combination. My buddy has the Hindle header.

It definetly does. So far this has not had any impact on me and I live in the pothole capital of the world!:bang head:

How did you like the sound 4gasem?

I had the Kerker 4-2-1 with 1.5", 2" & 2.5" baffles and I liked the 2" the best - the 2.5" sounds great but very loud for longer trips. Also had a Scorpion carbon can on it too - sounded deep and mean - was my favorite choice on the Kerker.

Now have the HMF exhaust and it's loud and but does sound great - want to change the other wrap on the cans from aluminum to carbon fibre - should sound even better.

Mike

I heard the newer Hindles fixed the ground clearance problem. Is this true?? I know the older ones all get dented on the bottom of the headers even without lowering.

ufo......sounds like a 350 chevy on steroids, DEEP,THUMPING,VERY AGGRESIVE!!! not simular to any other exhaust, ( harley,rocket,ect..)

Back