seems like a good deal?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's a great little bike!! Never understood why Yammo only made them 2 years.

If memory serves.....I paid $3,600 US for my '85.

They were 700cc's in the states, not sure where the other 50cc's came from in the Canadian model.

That's a great little bike!! Never understood why Yammo only made them 2 years.

If memory serves.....I paid $3,600 US for my '85.

They were 700cc's in the states, not sure where the other 50cc's came from in the Canadian model.
The 700cc were the tariff busting bikes. It was to protect Hardley sales, anything under 700cc didn't get the tariff. Canada must have still been receiving the 750cc models. I had one of the tariff beaters, 700cc Honda Sabre from 1984.

The 700cc were the tariff busting bikes. It was to protect Hardley sales, anything under 700cc didn't get the tariff. Canada must have still been receiving the 750cc models. I had one of the tariff beaters, 700cc Honda Sabre from 1984.

Yep and they got the 750 Sabre. Same with the Nighthawks.

Sorry but the Maxim never did it for me. I hate the seat and angle of the tank. :confused2:

I know the CB700's had a different crank in them from the 750's because people used to try to get them from Canada.

Owned one for 5 years.....my first bike.
An awesome performer for a 750 and very dependable.
I like to say, Max is Maxims big brother!
In the 90's for ponies in '86.
When Yamaha wants to get it right, they get it right.
The dealer used to say that if Yamaha still made the bike, the same way it was, they would sell a ton!
Funny....bought it in '98 for $3,500.00.
Than put 8,500 kms on it and sold it 5 years later for $3,500.00.
You gotta like that!
Great bike!

Back