shinko tires 2 thumbs up

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jinks

Reaction score
Well the front and rear Shinko tires finally came it, "brake pads to" and I just finished taking it for a cold rip down the double lane highway. It feels much better than the dunlops. I can easily change lanes , maneuvers corners better and the front tire doesn't follow every crack in the road. I slowly increased the speed from 60mph to 105mph. I stayed at that speed and did some carful lane changes and some slight moving around my lane,...and it felt Good. No wiggle and predictable.
I'm glad I installed them. They work just fine.
Before I put the tires on the bike,...I sprayed them down with spray 9 & washed them to get all the shinny stuff off,...then I took a chunk of 100grit sand paper and gave them a good scuffing. Then a quick burnout to rough up the tire a bit more. I remember in my young days sliding through an intersection with brad new shinny tires, LOL.

Yep, I'm running the shinko's on both the front and back as well with stock suspension. It seemed like I had the problems you speak of until I stiffened the suspension up and now I have no problems at all. We'll see how many miles I can get out of them.

@ maxrom,
Shinko Tour Master 230 front 110-90-18 and rear 150/90-15 (or 170/80-15):
http://www.shinkotireusa.com/tire/230-tour-master

Personally I like to use a Bridgestone Battlax BT-45V front with a Shinko TM 230 rear.

@ Ojref,
I don't think they are much if any heavier than any other BIAS tire that fits our stock rims.
And the are super sticky so they absolutely inspire confidence in the curves.

yes very sticky. If I punched @3800rpms in 1st I could loose traction and skip the rear,..Not with the Shinko,...they BITE hard. Solid traction, and no fear factor. I am running the 150 instead of the 170.

I used both 150 and 170 rear - no difference other than looks. And been using Shinkos on all my Maxes since I got the first pair, love them both for price and grip.

The only time I swapped to a rear Dunlop (it was free) I crashed at low speed in the first turn I took, bloody crap peace of soap compared to a Shinko!

@ maxrom,
Shinko Tour Master 230 front 110-90-18 and rear 150/90-15 (or 170/80-15):
http://www.shinkotireusa.com/tire/230-tour-master

Personally I like to use a Bridgestone Battlax BT-45V front with a Shinko TM 230 rear.

@ Ojref,
I don't think they are much if any heavier than any other BIAS tire that fits our stock rims.
And the are super sticky so they absolutely inspire confidence in the curves.

So that mix dos`nt create woble in hight speed curves :ummm:

I run the 120 on front. Handles fine for me, and does give the front end a slightly more badass look. Like a Vmax needs to look more badass...LOL!

Back