Slip on Exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megadeth1

Reaction score
I am considering Supertrapps Megaphone slipons. They come with 8 discs per muffler. Anyone with expierience with these,would like your imput,good or otherwise. Do I have to make expensive carb modifications? Just looking for better sound,is all. Without spending a ton of cash.:ummm: Thank you! PS, my max is a totally stock 07.

I am considering Supertrapps Megaphone slipons. They come with 8 discs per muffler. Anyone with expierience with these,would like your imput,good or otherwise. Do I have to make expensive carb modifications? Just looking for better sound,is all. Without spending a ton of cash.:ummm: Thank you! PS, my max is a totally stock 07.

I have a stock 2000 with Supertrapps and I LOVE them.....

Probably the best of the slipons:punk:

$0.02 deposited

Slip-ons don't require any carb mods at all.

throw 'em right on. u'll be fine. now u COULD jet the carbs and get it to run a bit better, but i'd see how it runs without doing that first.

just heard kaboom's on the weekend, first time i've heard supertraps, nice sound good rumble im sure you will enjoy them. if i remember correctly he has 6 disks per side, i do tend to forget things so im sure he will correct me if im wrong :confused2:

just heard kaboom's on the weekend, first time i've heard supertraps, nice sound good rumble im sure you will enjoy them. if i remember correctly he has 6 disks per side, i do tend to forget things so im sure he will correct me if im wrong :confused2:

I THINK I have 6 or 7 per side.......Garrett said they would not stick out that far with that few discs:confused2:

I got them used and threw them on the way they came so I really don't know.....

I made no changes to the carbs at all and she runs GOOD!!!!!!

Some day here I will take them apart and count the discs......Maybe tonight....:confused2:

mine had 9 on and it looked liek way less. there could have been a bezzel on mine though that hid them of sorts.

kyle, can i make a suggestion? those bolts are like 5" long and very finely threaded. get your drill out, and a 3/8" driver adapter and put your whatever size allen driver and use the drill. man using a rachet literally takes like 15 minutes per side.

mine had 9 on and it looked liek way less. there could have been a bezzel on mine though that hid them of sorts.

kyle, can i make a suggestion? those bolts are like 5" long and very finely threaded. get your drill out, and a 3/8" driver adapter and put your whatever size allen driver and use the drill. man using a rachet literally takes like 15 minutes per side.

I seem to remember some 'Trapps that had a slash cut kind of tip on them:confused2:

Maybe I'll pull the ends off.....take off all the discs....and then see what it sounds like completely open!!!!!:eusa_dance::punk:

Thanks for the tip about the looooong screws.....

IMO Supers are the best sounding slip ons with Cobra's being the best looking.

I have not heard the Cobras in person so I cannot comment.....

I do, however, prefer the Supertrapps to the Cobras in the looks department...

I think the stock exhaust LOOKS good....and the 'Trapps stay sort of similar to the stock look:confused2:

$0.02 deposited

EDIT:

I counted the discs.....and I did not have to take them apart......

I have 6 per side......how many do they come with new????

EDIT:

I counted the discs.....and I did not have to take them apart......

I have 6 per side......how many do they come with new????[/QUOTE]

I believe 8 per side. And the Trapps sound even better when opened up slightly.

more disks will be louder too. "supposedly" from supertrapp more disks makes more HP but less disks makes more torque.

6-6-6 seems to be the consensus for the number of disks hahahah:angry flame:

Back