Smokin' MoKan Dragway 06/07/2013

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfeagins

Reaction score
First, I'd like to confess: I need to lose some weight. 265lbs stark nekked - not the greatest for fastest times on a Vmax. Secondly, as I've stated in another thread - my reaction times won't ever be professional. I'd also like to say that it's been many, many years since I've even attended drags, much less participated in one. That being said, here's what I was able to do at MoKan Dragway last Friday evening. I was bike #20 on these time slips. Please be nice.

090109.jpg

090117.jpg

090120.jpg

Best ET was 10.55 @129mph.

I was more than a little apprehensive when it came to turning Max loose at the starting line. But before the 5 runs were over, it became obvious that at my weight, and with the track prep in place, my tire wasn't going to do much spinning. In fact, I was worried I'd have trouble keeping the front end down, but such was not the case. Shala took a couple vids that showed I had the front end higher off the ground than what it felt like at the time, but at no time did I have to feather the throttle, or even think of doing it, instead as soon as I released the DD clutch, I went WOT and wishing for more RPM's the whole time. Fastest RPM launch I tried was @ 6K, and it wasn't enough to spin or to get airborne.

Are those numbers on a gen 1 or a Gentoo

Are those numbers on a gen 1 or a Gentoo

The quickest ET I managed on my 85 (back in the day) was a 11.28 @ 121 mph. I weighed roughly 190lbs back then.

This was my first track outing on my 09. And while it was a total blast, and could easily become habit forming, I enjoy zip-roaring through the twisties for miles on end even better. So, I probably won't make a habit out of drag racing any time soon.

Come on Jim. you know you want to come down to Wichita and race with us at Truett and Osborne this year. Bring Darren with you!

You guys suit up in full leathers in AUGUST KS HEAT? I'm so sweet, I begin to melt @ 105 w/o all the leather. lol

Put it on my calendar ---- hafta wait and see what happens that weekend. It may be one of our Rune/Valk get-to-gether weekends

When I first read this I thought it was a gen 1. I couldn't figure out why you were so hard on yourself. No matter what your times, its still a blast ripping down the track. :eusa_dance:

Back