Something in my Tailpipe?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakeivan32

Reaction score
Ok, this may be the most ridiculous question that has been asked, but my 3 year old daughter has always been fascinated by the hole in my Holeshot 4 to 1. I don't know why, but I fear she has put something (ball or something else) in it. Can anyone describe potential symptoms of this? Currently, and really out of the blue (about a week ago, haven't tried to ride it since), my '96 max is throttling poorly (chugging really), it backfires, I've got an occassional flame popping out, and most importantly it won't idle on it's own (even with choke engaged). I am hoping it is something different, so please, if there are alternatives, can you take some guesses? But, just in case, has anyone had something shoved in their pipes before (let the pithy remarks begin), and are these symptoms in line with an obstruction?

Thanks

Doesnt matter what you put down the tailpipe of a motorcycle exhaust, It will blow out as soon as you start the bike, let her fill it up with Barbie Dolls and watch em fly when you fire the Ol Max up !! A marble, penny something small with some weight may be hard to blow out, it wont cause any miss fires etc. just a clinking noise...

If you hear a clinking clanking noise than yeah your going to have to pull the can off and shake it out, while you have the can off, start your bike up and piss your neighbors off!!

" I aint falling the bananna in the tailpipe trick"
Beverly Hills Cop!

unless its wedged in your pipe, you should be able to blow out whatever is in there. that engine will move some air. I can stand 20' behind mine at idle and feel the exhaust. Try running a coat hanger in there to feel for an obstruction. Or, just ask her. She might say she missing a Barbie:rofl_200:

Rap her up to 8500 rpm and dump the clutch. Once she's standing
straight up what ever in there will just fall out.

Sounds like you just need to clean the carbs out!

Shoot the shotgun!

Check out the VMF links for the how to.

Chris

Latest posts

Back