sonometer v/s Delkevic

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxrom

Reaction score
Hy,:punk:
Here, in the hell of Quebec province the SAAQ have a project of new law against motorcycle loud pipes.:damn angry:
So;
They catch me in Rimouski on main street,
Folowed by cop car to the sound test facility,:bang head:

The 1200 sporster before me had 103db / 100db for a 163.00$ tiket,:damn angry:

With my DELKEVIC i raise the meter at 101.2db / 100db for zero tiket,:clapping:

He told me; Lucky you are the project hask 2db over the 100db to give the tiket, but your muffler aren`tn stock and it`s illegal:bang head:

:biglaugh:So, i`m now riding a shop-vac (put back the stock mufflers):biglaugh:

but your muffler aren`tn stock and it`s illegal

We have a law like that here in Maine. Thought non-stock mufflers can pass inspection, any muffler other than stock is still illegal, because it is not stock.

This caused an issue for one of my friends who owns a 900 Eliminator. He literally had to get tons of document proof that he was completely unable to find a stock muffler for his bike (I guess that they no longer make them) before he was able to get an exemption for his muffler.

This caused an issue for one of my friends who owns a 900 Eliminator. He literally had to get tons of document proof that he was completely unable to find a stock muffler for his bike (I guess that they no longer make them) before he was able to get an exemption for his muffler.[/QUOTE said:
verry interesting:ummm:
I have a friend who dose have an eliminator (with Replica Zxr1200 engine, mod with drive shaft)
he found stock muffler 10 years ago and he also had a hell of work to found it
:punk:

Any lawyer should have a field day w/that. How many older cars have a stock muffler? Not a one I'd bet. Did it come from Honda, from Ford, etc? No? Then it's not "stock!" What about all the jap rice-burner Civics w/'fart-cans?' Tickets, please! If you don't it's unequal enforcement of the law, discriminating against two-wheeled vehicles. Every Midas Muffler shop should be closed, as it's not installing a 'stock' muffler.

verry interesting:ummm:
I have a friend who dose have an eliminator (with Replica Zxr1200 engine, mod with drive shaft)
he found stock muffler 10 years ago and he also had a hell of work to found it
:punk:

10 years ago
This was much more recent... it might be that your friend got one of the VERY few remaining ones.

Any lawyer should have a field day w/that. How many older cars have a stock muffler? Not a one I'd bet. Did it come from Honda, from Ford, etc? No? Then it's not "stock!" What about all the jap rice-burner Civics w/'fart-cans?' Tickets, please! If you don't it's unequal enforcement of the law, discriminating against two-wheeled vehicles. Every Midas Muffler shop should be closed, as it's not installing a 'stock' muffler.

-Yeap,
-Absolutly thrue; most of time, cars don`t have stock muffler.

-But Governement (SAAQ) says they start ``sound check project of law`` with motorcycle, also; motorcycle & scooters will be the only ones needed to be stock mufflered (hum! a new word:rofl_200:)
-Cars will be in the target when the ``project law`` become a ``full law``

Enforcement pour des motocyclettes, mais pas des automobiles ou des camions? Incroyable! Tout, ou non!

Enforcement pour des motocyclettes, mais pas des automobiles ou des camions? Incroyable! Tout, ou non!

:biglaugh:Is this your hight school french comming back or google translate :biglaugh:

Apologise my English, but i`m sure you will understand the next

We have group that are fighting agains this;
Any membership of local association of motocyclist help these group finacialy; they are our voice, sometime it works and somitime ........ no

MMQ = Mouvement des motocycliste du Québec

CAPM = Comité d`action politique des motocyclistes

FMQ = Fédération des motocyclistes du Québec

The worst issue here; is the no fault system.
you see + or - 75% of accident between cars and Bike is cause by cars........................... but Bikers get the invoice by having there insurance fees jumping up. Meening injured cost much for Bikers then drivers but drivers are responsable of most of it :damn angry:

(SAAQ) governement body injured insurance fees
custum bike 400cc and up= 560$
Racer 400cc and up = 1127$
Biker class on driver license = extra 100%
Cars = 275%

to these fees you need material protection for others with private insurance, fees wich is around
200$
and you want protection from steeling or damage your bike,,,,,,,,,,, it depend how much your bike worth
another 100$ to 200$

And these are for a 6 - 7 mount summer

Welcome in my:damn angry: REPUBLIQUE DE BANANNE TABARNAK:damn angry:

Is this your hight school french comming back or google translate :biglaugh:

We have group that are fighting agains this;
Any membership of local association of motocyclist help these group finacialy; they are our voice, sometime it works and somitime ........ no

MMQ = Mouvement des motocycliste du Québec

CAPM = Comité d`action politique des motocyclistes

FMQ = Fédération des motocyclistes du Québec

The worst issue here; is the no fault system.
you see + or - 75% of accident between cars and Bike is cause by cars........................... but Bikers get the invoice by having there insurance fees jumping up.

(SAAQ) governement body injured insurance fees
custum bike 400cc and up= 560$
Racer 400cc and up = 1127$
Biker class on driver license = extra 100%
Cars = 275%

to these fees you need material protection for others with private insurance, fees wich is around
200$
and you want protection from steeling or damage your bike,,,,,,,,,,, it depend how much your bike worth
another 100$ to 200$

And these are for a 6 - 7 mount summer

Welcome in my:damn angry: REPUBLIQUE DE BANANNE:damn angry:

I would challenge the testing method in court. Equipment/Training/maintenance/operation. You still have an argument on targetting motorcycles only. Also they shouldn't be able to retroactively target older vehicles. Lots of issues with noise laws.

Dale

Latest posts

Back