Source for carb parts?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texas-ss-tornado

Reaction score
My carb guy is having a tough time with my 85 carbs, he emailed me today and said he's going to need the following:

22V-14968-00

22U-14968-00

Each of those is a stock oem number for "jet block plugs that do not come with the kits".

Anybody know where I can order these, or have any for sale? Let me know, thanks!

get a hold of one2dmax (sean), captainkyle (kyle), and/or dannymax (dan-o). the cheapest after shipping that've i found online for oem is ronayers and zanottimotor
you maybe even luck to find some one ebay.

GOOD LUCK

Pretty common items, don't know why he's having trouble. They seem a little expensive for little rubber plugs but easily obtained through any OEM supplier.

Pretty common items, don't know why he's having trouble. They seem a little expensive for little rubber plugs but easily obtained through any OEM supplier.

I don't know that he's having trouble, he bought the rebuild kits and assumed it came with them, which they didn't. He's basically asking me to find the best price on them, figured I might know. Trying to save a few bucks I guess.

I don't know that he's having trouble, he bought the rebuild kits and assumed it came with them, which they didn't. He's basically asking me to find the best price on them, figured I might know. Trying to save a few bucks I guess.

They should come with the rebuild kits because I really wouldn't expect them to last much longer then an o-ring....probly made from the same stuff, but they normally aren't included.

Damn little things are pricey! New, around $5 each....and one of them is only about 1/2 the size of the other.....:confused2:

Does anyone sell a GOOD rebuild kit? From the comments I've read most of the kits have one issue or another. I think it was the keyster kits I saw mentioned? Something about the emulsion tubes in them. Also heard jet block gaskets in one kit are suspect.

Of the after market kits, the K&L is the best. Keyster is terrible. I still always order OEM parts individually. A little more trouble and expense but much better parts. I use OEM for everything because don't want to do the work over because of substandard parts. Just my opinion.

i had been using oem at first just 'cuz. when i rebuilt my carbs i bought some of the K&L kits that kyle uses for his rebuilds. no problems so far.

I have K&L kits available but ONLY use OEM Yamaha for the carbs. I do have the plugs on hand and are a must replace with any carb rebuild. ***WARNING*** Do NOT use the Keyster kits if you want it to run.

The brass sizing is incorrect and even drilled ports in the emulsion tubes are wrong. The bike will idle but not much better then that.

Here's my jet kit album. Your mechanic needs to note the float setting and what to look for on the brass:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.282802178678.144229.282702488678&type=1

Sean

I have K&L kits available but ONLY use OEM Yamaha for the carbs. I do have the plugs on hand and are a must replace with any carb rebuild. ***WARNING*** Do NOT use the Keyster kits if you want it to run.

The brass sizing is incorrect and even drilled ports in the emulsion tubes are wrong. The bike will idle but not much better then that.

Here's my jet kit album. Your mechanic needs to note the float setting and what to look for on the brass:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.282802178678.144229.282702488678&type=1

Sean

+1 with the exception of the A/F screw o-rings, they aren't available seperately from Yamaha so I get them in bulk elsewhere.

+2 for the OEM carb parts. If anything is worth spending the extra money on (when ya got it), it's the carbs. Exceptions, I do get Mikuni jets somewhere else though. And, due to my financial situation at the time, I used aftermarket diaphragms. The Diaphragms have worked out quite well now for over 10k miles. I had my doubts when I first saw them. They are less flexible than OEM's. Softer springs helped compensate. And, they may have worn in to be more flexible. The price was 25% of OEM slide/diaphragms, which would still be my 1st choice, if money is no object. I'll share any aftermarket sources for jets and air cut off assemblies-decel valves, just pm me.
Steve-o

Sean

Sean,
Sent you a PM, I'll take 4 of these plugs! Thanks!!!!

Back