Spark Plugs\Engine Oil OEM or Better?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karmakatt

Reaction score
I know, I know. I can't search on my SG4 phone.

Spark Plugs: OEM or fancier?
Engine Oil: OEM or fancier?

Thanks fellas,

KarmaMaxx
Lee
VMOA/VMF till death

I run OEM on both. Tried amsoil once, didnt notice a difference over yamalube other than price.

I use OEM NGK Plugs and Shell Rotella T 15w40 Oil with a Bosch 3323 Filter and have been using those since I bought it in 2001.
I've never had an issue with any of those.

I use OEM NGK Plugs and Shell Rotella T 15w40 Oil with a Bosch 3323 Filter and have been using those since I bought it in 2001.
I've never had an issue with any of those.

Same here, except for the filter which i usually buy a Mobil MI-110.

Yep, NGK DP8EA9R plugs, any dino oil you want (no synthetics - Shell Rotella is a good choice). Lots of filter options if the spin on version. A few less if the canister version (still plenty of aftermarkets available).

I am using E3 spark plugs... love them... BUT.. can't say they make anymore power... Use yamalube oil... always had good results... this time I added X1R oil additive... I did notice an improvement with this... ....

NGK plugs. What ever spin on filter that is on sale, with Valvoline Maxlife synth blend (usually on sale at wally world for $15 for the 1.25 gal jug).

I used NKG plugs Shell oil in all my cars and trucks and bikes.

Techron in the vmax it helps lube the floats, every 3 to 4 fill ups of gas I add 1.

I catch everything on sale.

Attachments

• mix pica 012.JPG
    mix pica 012.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 22
I used NKG plugs Shell oil in all my cars and trucks and bikes.

Techron in the vmax it helps lube the floats, every 3 to 4 fill ups of gas I add 1.

I catch everything on sale.
+1 on the Techron or Sta-bil Marine/Ethanol Treatment every other tank or so.

Back