Speedometer wines - Loudly

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Again, you comment on the post without reading.

WD-40 is a quick fix....everyone has it, so you can see if it will work.

95% of the people I know, will have WD-40 on hand.

If my gallon can gets 1/2 empty I start shopping for more. I love that stuff. No problem with duct tape either. A girlfriend gave me a roll of black duct tape for my birthday once. There's a story for another day.

Of course there will be a NASA approved lube to allow it for run for a gazillion miles. Like I said a spray of wd40 will do fine. It's like the engine oil discussion.

Got this from the Venture forum not sure if this will help it's neither duct tape or WD 40 but ... A lot of Ventures have this problem and there was a guy on that forum making a tool that was basically a threaded cap with a zerk fitting to allow you to unscrew your speedo cable and screw this thing on and grease your speedo gear with whatever type of grease you prefer. Since I was unable to attain one of these one off tools I improvised one on my own which consisted of me purchasing a large acorn nut re-tapping the threads to match the speedo and drilling and tapping a zerk fitting into the cap, screw it onto the speedo and grease away problem solved. Hope this helps. p.s. warms my heart to hear John and Eric get along also maybe world peace is at hand ???? LOL

Got this from the Venture forum not sure if this will help it's neither duct tape or WD 40 but ... A lot of Ventures have this problem and there was a guy on that forum making a tool that was basically a threaded cap with a zerk fitting to allow you to unscrew your speedo cable and screw this thing on and grease your speedo gear with whatever type of grease you prefer. Since I was unable to attain one of these one off tools I improvised one on my own which consisted of me purchasing a large acorn nut re-tapping the threads to match the speedo and drilling and tapping a zerk fitting into the cap, screw it onto the speedo and grease away problem solved. Hope this helps. p.s. warms my heart to hear John and Eric get along also maybe world peace is at hand ???? LOL

Brilliant.

I'm on my 3rd speedo cable. The first one lasted about 4500 miles, and broke at around 120,000 miles. I replaced it, and a while later it started squealing. I pulled the inner wire out, and gave it a good coating of white lithium liube. No problems since.

Meta World Peace is at hand.

"All I am saying, is give peace a chance."

Now a new release from Methamphetamine Vinyards, "Speedo Wine!" It puts a buzz in your 'cable!'

Back