stage 7 issues

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawnlee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I installed the stage 7 kit, paj 190,main 175, clip at 4. No power after 7000 rpm so I went to second clip. Good pulling but nothing after 7000 so I moved to 3ed clipand 3 turns on the a/f. Some improvement but my stock carbs would beat the pants off of what I have created now. I am at 180 ft sealevel,n. florida lake city, and I don't know what to do. Any help would be desperately appreciated. SLee

Well It sounds like you installed everything according to directions.....unfortunately the directions will make you pig rich, and the Vmax likes to run lean.

So reinstall the stock mk 170 PAJ#2, install the DJ 165...maybe 160 main, and the needle will need to be on the 2nd-3rd clip.

I was gonna say more than likely too rich also.. Tramahawlk has been helping me this summer try to fine tune mine.. Pretty sure I have a issue with the carb body I switched out...Guess what I might be doing this winter....lol Just need to repair the threads for the A/F screw...

Here is a copy of my last dyno run. It shows the difference between 2 set ups.

1st set up was 150 mk mains, 170 mk PAJ#2, Factory pro needles 3rd clip, drilled slides and stage 7 springs, and Seans modified airbox. A/F ratio around 13.9 to 1

2nd set up 155 mk mains, 170 mk PAJ#2, Factory pro needles 1st clip with .024 spacer, drilled slides, stage 7 springs, and Seans modified air box. A/F ratio around 13.5 to 1.

1 more hp with the 2nd set up.

I also attached the pdf of my latest run, vs when the bike was stock (well I had slip ons). Ive got probably 80 dyno runs on the bike.

Attachments

• 9.19.2015.pdf
    285.8 KB · Views: 22
  • Stock vs Jet kit.pdf
    302.9 KB · Views: 22
Back