Stock exhaust header bolts

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sauron

Reaction score
Quick question for the experts: What size wrenches will I need to remove the stock exhaust header?

There are studs in the heads. The nuts on the studs take a 8mm allen key. 5/16 works just as well. Its handy to have socket type allen keys that fit a 3/8 ratchet. An extension helps up front. On the rears I ended up cutting down a cheap 8mm allen key and turning the allen key with a ratcheting wrench.

Can't remember what size sockets are needed to remove the mufflers. Im thinking 10,12, and 14mm. Muffler clamps, crossover bolt, and bolts near the rear footpegs.

Oh, there are some small allen head bolts holding the covers on the rear headers. Can't remember what size......

Sorry, not much help from me. Just don't forget about the bolt near the crossover on the mufflers. Be prepared. They are heavy! Rear wheel removal not required but makes it a lot easier IMO.

That is fantastic help! Thank you. On the plus side, the mufflers are already Supertraps, so shouldn't be too heavy, at least comparatively.

This site rocks.

Back