stock spring length

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NHVmaxpower

Reaction score
Hello all I pulled my tripple trees to inspect my head bearing & realized they have been replaced the bearings & races look imaculate no pits,marks,nothing as was the grease looks like they used blue marine grease.. So I went on to check my front spring cause another member drove my bike & said it felt like it had progressive springs in it I said no clue cant get ahold of the po. So I looked in my manual it says stock sdpring length should be 19" well I messured mine & they are 12" also the oil was super clean like it was put in yesterday. Does this mean I have non stock springs? Is there any other way to check & see what they are? . . Will be excited to know I dont need springs just rear shocks.

Sounds like racetech springs to me. They should be evenly wound with no springs wound closer together on one end.

Sounds like racetech springs to me. They should be evenly wound with no springs wound closer together on one end.

Hey Sean I was going to email u on this figured I'd try here first. The stock or rt springs should beevenly wound? They are even all the way.also how much oil should be in there it's way down tube I thought it should be on top?

Stock and Progressive are progressively wound. You must have Race-Tech. Any strange looking item in the forks that has a small spring in it? That would be Race-Tech emulators...

Stock forks are approx 34" long from the top of the fork tube (not including the cap) to the C/L of the axle. This is with no weight on them, removed from the bike.

Well I did some mesuring and it seems I have stock height forks that werent lowered w/ race tech springs. Thats a plus .. So Steveoo was right when he took my bike for a ride he noticed right away .

Back