Stolen vmax ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedmax

Reaction score
Sat in a heated basement for ten + years. not properly put away it will need carbs rebuilt , gas tank and tires. the guy said it ran fine with no second gear issues.......................I believe him , he never beat it , you can just tell. I spent about 45 minutes cleaning it when I got home, needs some more TLC but I think I stole it , even though I haven't even turned it over yet(don't want to dump any of that crap/sludge into the motor) OH YEAH needs a seat too:rofl_200:

Attachments

• photo 1[1].jpg
    photo 1[1].jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 124
  • photo 2[1].jpg
    photo 2[1].jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 103
  • photo 3[1].jpg
    photo 3[1].jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 96
  • photo 4[1].jpg
    photo 4[1].jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 107
Rarely does a bike sit unless either health issues or bike issues (usually bike issues). BUT, sometimes you just get lucky.

In this case it was health issues , nice guy with rare disease ,AND I got lucky , I'm sure I was the first guy to look at it

I'll wait for a little while before I tell what I payed for it, but you guys are welcome to tell me what a "steel" would be for this unmolested 88 to you ?

I'll wait for a little while before I tell what I payed for it, but you guys are welcome to tell me what a "steel" would be for this unmolested 88 to you ?

"Iron"-know, mebbe 1K clams?:ummm:

I really don't like the term "stolen" and VMax in the same sentence. :confused2:

It needs work to the cosmetic side of things and it doesn't run. So add things up, battery, fluids, new tires, air and oil filters, (seat cover as mentioned). Gas tank clean, brakes etc etc. I'm already at 5-600 bucks before I hit the starter button. Factor in 40 hours of sweat equity and I'm at well over $1500 + the sale price. you are taking a huge leap of faith and I wouldn't personally buy a bike that's been a coffee table for the last ten years unless I knew it.
Best guess is a G note tops. And that's a push.

Chris.

:rofl_200:Ya stode it!!! how the heck do you sleep at night, cant wait to hear the steal price. I paid 500 for my basket case.

It needs work to the cosmetic side of things and it doesn't run. So add things up, battery, fluids, new tires, air and oil filters, (seat cover as mentioned). Gas tank clean, brakes etc etc. I'm already at 5-600 bucks before I hit the starter button. Factor in 40 hours of sweat equity and I'm at well over $1500 + the sale price. you are taking a huge leap of faith and I wouldn't personally buy a bike that's been a coffee table for the last ten years unless I knew it.
Best guess is a G note tops. And that's a push.

Chris.

Cosmetically it just needs cleaning , it's a 26 year old bike and most of the paint is still on the motor. No scratches or dents

. So add things up, battery, fluids, new tires, air and oil filters, (seat cover as mentioned). Gas tank clean, brakes etc etc. I'm already at 5-600 bucks before I hit the starter button. ....

Chris.

I think a lot of "new bike owners" would change a lot of this stuff anyway(maybe not tires) but, oil / filter / gas/ fluids ..etc.. that's all the 'fun' of getting a new toy. ;) IMO

I'm gonna guess $700.....................................Tom.

I will actually puke if this is true. :barf:

Either way, I'm sure it was a steal indeed rick.

:punk:

Rick,

Is this the new version of The Price is Right? Actual member to guess closest to the amount paid without going over wins the bike? LOL

Todd

Latest posts

Back