Strange way to stall?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laylow6988

Reaction score
I own a 2005 Vmax and have installed: UFO Vgas garbs, UFO exhaust, and a Dyna 3000.

After a short ride in a storm I parked her in the garage until the next morning. She fired up on 3 cyl and it took just a 1/8th mile before she was running just fine.

I didn?t realize what was going on, but at every fast stop I stalled. It was hard to get her running again, but once started she ran just fine and went on my way. This happened 3 times before I parked her and started to troubleshoot.

While messing with her I decided to move her a little so I rocked her back and forth while doing it and noticed a stutter in the idle when I pushed the bike forward and stopped it fast. So, I pushed it forward and jerked the front brake? stall, and hard to start. I did this a few times just to feel it.

But then I got the idea to just shake the living crap out of it and she did not want to start at all. When I did fire her up I couldn?t get the RPM?s to go above 4K without an array of popping and backfires.

So, I drained and opened the bowls of the carbs. The front right carb had a small about of a jell like stuff in it. I cleaned it out and put them back together. Also since my rear valve cover gasket was leaking I replaced it. I looked at the valves and they look like crap. Deposits cover them, but this was expected since I don?t run air filters (Yes I learned from this). I replaced the fuel filter, oil, oil filter, and spark plugs.

So my question is: What would make my engine stall from it stopping too fast? I am leaning towards the idea that it is the front right cylinder giving me the problems. I would be fairly sure it?s the carburetor, but am worried my valves might be messed up.

Thanks for any help.
Dan Haslage

Sounds like your floats are too lean. Think of it like the oil level light. Lower the oil level is the more often the indicator lights up.

Back