Strapping the front question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
Is it ok to just have a strap on just one side. How far should the the forks be compressed. I can get them way down, but I don't know if I can hurt anything by going to far.

It won't do any differently then if you had hit a big bump that either either. I like to get them pretty much all the way or with one inch of travel remaining.

Sean

Tothemax dont do a tall wheelie with a strap or you will be sorry. The tightest i have gone is five inch's of fork showing from the seal up. I can go more but still playing with it. Each track is different so if you go as far as sean is saying make sure its a good flat track.

Point Taken. Might be a hard landing. I never thought of racing as a contact sport, but I'm thinking a cup might not be a bad Idea.:rofl_200:

when i ran my best run i forgot about the strap and pulled a tall wheelie.

_K2_6209.jpg

Dont do this, it hurts when you land........

It does help with your 60 ft though. Atleast it helped somewhat with mine. Unless I pulled the wheel too high, then it hurt. It hurt both 60 ft and your man hood when it landed.

Todd

Todd, are you strapped in that pic. Do you strap both sides? I found a good way, but I would need 2 straps. One for each side.

No not in that picture.

I borrowed Vmax Mikes last time we went out and then designed something similar for myself with the idea that I can leave the mounting brackets on and then just attach the straps quickly and easily. I ll post some pictures soon.

Todd

Latest posts

Back