Sturgis On The River - Davenport, IA

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4WARND

Reaction score
www.sturgisontheriver.com

June 14- 16 2007

Lets get a list started for anyone that would care to join us for this years event. There is a great metric and Hardley mix and always a week Vmax showing. I know 4 other people in town that I should be able to assemble, lets get some more.

"Poor hopped up sportster"

Attachments

• sturgis1805.JPG
    sturgis1805.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 23
I may be able to make it...:whistlin:

Oh I stuck the date in the forum calendar as well...

I'll probably be there. :cheers: Heres my bike.

DSC02328.jpg

Its an 85, I live in Rio, Il, about 30 miles south of davenport.

Damn... I can hardly see the rear wheel through the rotor and it looked like an '86... Plus the side covers are from a later model... Sneaky!

Amazing as I have lived here my whole life and never heard of Rio IL.:confused2:

By the way... Nice uhm... truck? lol

Damn... I can hardly see the rear wheel through the rotor and it looked like an '86... Plus the side covers are from a later model... Sneaky!

Amazing as I have lived here my whole life and never heard of Rio IL.:confused2:

By the way... Nice uhm... truck? lol
The side covers are painted. I was in the middle of blacking everything out and decided to put it back together and ride. Ill finish the engine, frame, and everything else this winter. The car/truck in the background is my 88 cadillac deville 4x4. The body is on an 80 blazer frame and has a 350 chevy motor. Its got a huge cam in it and I cant get it timed right. As soon as its running good Im gonna sell it. Theres only about 100 people in Rio, probably why you never heard of it.
DSC02151-400.jpg

The side covers are painted. I was in the middle of blacking everything out and decided to put it back together and ride. Ill finish the engine, frame, and everything else this winter. The car/truck in the background is my 88 cadillac deville 4x4. The body is on an 80 blazer frame and has a 350 chevy motor. Its got a huge cam in it and I cant get it timed right. As soon as its running good Im gonna sell it. Theres only about 100 people in Rio, probably why you never heard of it.

Looks like a clean car... Can I ask why? Is it a Rio thing?

Yeah but the side covers aren't from an '85... You know that right? They are supposed to have pressed into the aluminum Vmax not the decals... They were only done that way in '85. :thumbs up:

A buddy of mine built the car. I guess the cadillac motor blew and he didnt feel like changing it so he made this thing.

I didnt know these werent 85 side covers. Oh well, I like the look of the flat black covers with chrome emblems.

im not sure i will be able to be on the bridge washing crew in the quad cities this year or not, but if i am able to, i will definitely ride my vmax up there. We usually stay at the holiday inn in moline, and wash all the bridges in the area. I have only seen a few other vmax's in person so it ought to be a blast! Ill let you know

im not sure i will be able to be on the bridge washing crew in the quad cities this year or not, but if i am able to, i will definitely ride my vmax up there. We usually stay at the holiday inn in moline, and wash all the bridges in the area. I have only seen a few other vmax's in person so it ought to be a blast! Ill let you know

Hope you can make it M8...

:punk:
Cheers

REALLY? :ummm:

No one else? :confused2:
We are going clear out to PA for thunder. You all can't be that far out.:hmmm:

Come help us FLEX some Vmax Muscle :boxing00:!

No flexing here...:bang head:

My bike will not be together for that weekend...

Jon Cornel is taking his sweet time swapping out the wheel...:bang head:

Once again another M/C shop that doesn't know the meaning of customer service...:bang head:

I live in Davenport, and just bought my V-Max from a Moline owner. I'll be at Sturgis, but already have plans to ride in with some buddies. Sounds like some of you guys have some great knowledge about these... hope to glean (sp?) some info from you soon as I know nothing about bikes! Here's a pic:

v-max.jpg

Yeah, really looks good with those massive stock cans. I like big cans. :th_SmileyBoobs:

Mark

I live in Davenport, and just bought my V-Max from a Moline owner. I'll be at Sturgis, but already have plans to ride in with some buddies. Sounds like some of you guys have some great knowledge about these... hope to glean (sp?) some info from you soon as I know nothing about bikes! Here's a pic:

WELCOME!:cheers:
'86???:ummm: '86 front wheel and not '86 paint??:hmmm: Looks good none the less! Keep a look out for a Yellow Max with chrome scoops and chrome side covers... That's 4warnd...

I am still not sure if mine will be back together for that weekend... I hope so, but am not counting on it... Otherwise I will be riding my SV1000S which is copper. You can't miss it!:coolgleamA:

Here's mine...

I've had it pretty well apart so I know quite a bit about them...:banana:

Attachments

• 100_2140.jpg
    100_2140.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 11
Welcome. There are at least 6 local Vmax owners 4gasem and I know pretty well. Also, as he said, there is little to nothing we don't know about these bikes. We have tackled all minor and few major things to do to them.

First pic is how far apart we had my old '86. We had to pull the engine to split the cases and replace the transmission(damn dyno drags).

Next is the most current shot of my '94. Look forward to seeing you at a bike night or two around town.

Attachments

• Gary-frame.jpg
    Gary-frame.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 12
  • newest-Gauge.jpg
    newest-Gauge.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 11
Thanks for the welcome! Mine's actually an'85, but apparently has a hodge podge of cosmetic parts. I know the side covers aren't original, and the front wheel... heck, I don't know! I painted it myself for $8... hey, don't laugh till you see it! I used Rustoleum "hammered metal" silver and have had nothing but compliments. I blasted and kind of "industrial" polished the intake covers, then painted the lower portions to update the look. Anyway, I got it relatively cheap to putt around town on, and spent about $100 detailing it, so I'm happy. It's presentable!

Only other thing (besides a tune up) I think I'd like to do is lower it some. I love that look plus I'm pretty short, so it'd help. What does it run to do a project like that? (I'm rapidly using up my allocated "bike money!")

Thanks, and sorry for the thread misdirection! Here: hope to see some of you at Sturgis on the River!

Thanks for the welcome! Mine's actually an'85, but apparently has a hodge podge of cosmetic parts. I know the side covers aren't original, and the front wheel... heck, I don't know! I painted it myself for $8... hey, don't laugh till you see it! I used Rustoleum "hammered metal" silver and have had nothing but compliments. I blasted and kind of "industrial" polished the intake covers, then painted the lower portions to update the look. Anyway, I got it relatively cheap to putt around town on, and spent about $100 detailing it, so I'm happy. It's presentable!

Only other thing (besides a tune up) I think I'd like to do is lower it some. I love that look plus I'm pretty short, so it'd help. What does it run to do a project like that? (I'm rapidly using up my allocated "bike money!")

Thanks, and sorry for the thread misdirection! Here: hope to see some of you at Sturgis on the River!

Just did the front end of 4WARND's bike 2 weeks ago. Both of ours are lowered 2 in front and 1.5 in back. Mine is done with Race-Tech springs and emulators and thicker oil and his was done with progressive springs and thicker weight oil.:thumbs up:

Nate will get on here and tell you want he thinks of his forks now...:clapping: He was a bit worried until he rode it home that night...:cheers:

Your bike looks great from the pics M8... The rear wheel looked a bit like an '86 on but it's hard to tell... '85-'86 had the same front but different rear wheel... '86 on has the same rear wheel and '88 on are all (front and rear) the same design... No '87 Vmax...

You can feel free to sit on mine and see if it suits you better lowered...

Cheers
Chris

Latest posts

Back