Summit racing 8mm plug wires

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gennro

Reaction score
FYI summit racing 8mm plug wires for a v8 work fine to replace the stock wires. About 40 bucks for 8 wires. So good deal and cheaper then anything out there.

All you have to do is cut them to length of the old ones. A little di-electric grease is needed to get the 8mm wires to go into the stock coils though.

Here is a link to them on summit. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-867815/?rtype=10

So what did you do just cut off the ends down to size and reuse your NGK plug caps? Did the 8mm wire fit fine into the 4 coils? I would think it would be tight or youd have to shave it down a bit to fit?

Yeah cut the wires to size. Just gotta grease up the ends of the wires to get them into the 4 coil packs.

I use 'em too, and use the summit/accell boots and everything, threw away the factory boots long ago......If you don't use the factory boots, which have resistors built into them you MUST use a rf suppresion wire or you chance your tci going haywire from rf.....

How long do stock ignition wires last? does their resistance increase with time?
Thanks.

Well my wires at 13k miles on the coil side the cores of the wires were corroded out. So I would imagine was creating way more resistance then what it should be.

I run resistor plugs also. The DPR9EA-9 NGK plugs. Everything works great.

Today I get a set of COPs though. I really want to elimnate the stock coils to free up the room.

Thats not cheap at all. I paid 6 bucks on ebay for enough 7mm wire to re-do all my coils and I even had some left over.

Latest posts

Back